Some ideas

WB4IT
Advanced Class

Some ideas

Post by WB4IT »

As always, thanks for all the hard work that goes into Log4OM. Here's a list of features/changes that I'd love to see in future versions:
  • I switch between the winkeyer and main screen a lot because the main screen has some info that I can't get from the winkeyer screen. The main screen has a button to open Winkeyer. I'd like a button on the winkeyer screen to quickly return to the main screen. Perhaps the two screens could merge into one in a future release? Maybe assign an F11 tab to the Winkeyer in the main screen and dedicate that to the WK settings, macros, etc.
  • In the winkeyer screen, the ESC key aborts winkeyer transmissions and wipes the CALLSIGN field. I wish it would only abort winkeyer TX. I know Ctrl-A can also be used for abort, but I think it would be more user friendly if ESC was the only key that aborted and also did not clear the CALLSIGN field. On the main screen, using ESC to wipe a callsign field is handy, so I realize this could get confusing.
  • Add worked bands to the view menu. After I restart Log4OM, I always go to the F6 tab and click "Show Statistics" in the bottom right corner. I then detach the Band/Mode slots grid and drag it to a second monitor. It would be nice if Log4OM could remember this undocked window and restore it upon restart - just like it does for the "Worked Before" view.