Cluster Alarm!

PA7RA
Advanced Class

Cluster Alarm!

Post by PA7RA »

Good morning,

I have the following question is it possible if there is a special station active HL0YOTA or an expedition that is displayed in the DXCluster with a separate color or something like that
So a special callsign list? in HRD this is called Cluster Alarm.
This is very easy if you are looking for special callsigns is this also possible in LOG4OM?
I think this would be a very nice addition to LOG4OM.
thanks for making this software!

Regards Rien, PA7RA
N1FG
Advanced Class

Re: Cluster Alarm!

Post by N1FG »

Hi Rien,

Have you experimented with the "Alert configuration" selection under the Settings Menu?

That is where I enter calls that I am watching for and the system will pop up a window (and/or send an email) when they are caught on the cluster. You can put whatever kind of restrictions you want (band, mode, etc.)

Works very well for me.

Good luck and 73,

Larry N1FG
PA7RA
Advanced Class

Post by PA7RA »

Hello Larry,

Tnx for the answer so itry to get is work but no luck here!
Can you send me some screen shots how you do this?
You may put the screenshot on the forom or send it direct to me via pa7ra at veron dot nl

Tnx Rien, PA7RA
N1FG
Advanced Class

Post by N1FG »

Sure Rien, here is the basic workflow to setup an Alert based on a Callsign - I am going to setup a rule to alert me when *my* callsign is spotted.

1) Open the "Alert configuration" window from the main "Settings" menu option.
Alert_1.PNG
Alert_1.PNG (20.21 KiB) Viewed 1761 times

2) Give this new Alert rule a name (in this case I'll use the callsign I'm looking for - Me! hihi) Here you can also select whether you just want the pop-up alert ("Status") or whether you want an E-mail notification. Also here you select whether the source for this alert should be a Cluster or the "SuperCluster" (I use CCUser so I don't have knowledge of the SuperCluster.)
Alert_2.PNG
Alert_2.PNG (20.5 KiB) Viewed 1761 times

3. Now the important part - select the "Call/Dxcc" tab and enter the callsign you are looking for. Note that you can use wildcard (VK* for example) and additionally select the DXCC entity (or not) and the continent (or not). But the thing to remember is that you MUST put something in the Callsign box that will be matched against what the cluster(s) are reporting.
Alert_3.PNG
Alert_3.PNG (29.67 KiB) Viewed 1761 times

4. You can go to the "Band/Mode" tab and (if you want) select which bands/modes you want to match.

5. You can use the "Origin" tab to enter information about where the spot originates from (where the call was heard). Note that as in many of the options - you don't HAVE to enter anything, as it defaults in this case to anywhere!

6. Once you are finished fine-tuning the rule to your preference, make sure you go back to the "Definition" tab and SAVE the alert! (Use the floppy disk icon.) Once a rule is defined you can enable or disable it which allows a lot of flexibility.

(Sorry, the forum only allows 3 attachments so I hope you got the main idea and were able to setup a rule to play with.)

73 and Good Luck,
Larry N1FG
Last edited by N1FG on 05 Dec 2021, 18:22, edited 1 time in total.
PA7RA
Advanced Class

Post by PA7RA »

Tnx for this great support!
N1FG
Advanced Class

Post by N1FG »

I hope you were able to play around and setup an Alert that works for you Rien.

I'm just a user and not associated with the Log4OM team, but Alerts are one of the things that I needed myself and have used them a lot. I also have transitioned from being a very long time HRD user to Log4OM and am still getting used to the entire system.

73 from New Hampshire,

Larry N1FG
Last edited by N1FG on 05 Dec 2021, 18:22, edited 1 time in total.
PA7RA
Advanced Class

Post by PA7RA »

Hi Larry

Yes, I'm still working with a double log because I'm not quite familiar with LOG4OM yet.
I have also been working with HRD for a long time but that is so incredibly slow with everything and Log4OM looks good and can do almost everything I want with it so that's why I switched from DXLab to HRD and now to LOG4OM
Thanks again for the help and I'll work on getting the list of cals I want to see in there.

Greeting
Rien, PA7RA