UDP Outbound RadioInfo Packet

W7GES
Novice Class

UDP Outbound RadioInfo Packet

Post by W7GES »

Hi,

I'm a brand new user of Log4OM V2 2.18.0.0

My computer is running Windows 11 Home 21H2

I was able to load 9586 contacts from an ADIF file, I configured my rig to communicate with LOG4OM via CAT port and connected to LOTW to sync my confirmed contacts.

I am a long-time user of N1MM which is a great contest logger but I would like to use LOG4OM as an everyday logger so I can see at a glance if I need a country for a new band or mode.

My issue is that I use an antenna switch (YCCC MOAS II) and amplifier control program (Alpha 9500) that read the N1MM UDP packets to get the RadioNR and Transmit VFO frequency to determine which antenna and in the amplifier's case which band to be on.

I searched the forum and looked at the manual and couldn't find any info on using UDP with RadioInfo packets to control external programs / devices.

In looking at the UDP Outbound tab I see there are options for ADIF, Rotator, and Callsign UDP messages but I don't see an option that will duplicate the <RadioInfo> messages that N1MM sends out.

I know I can create a new minimal N1MM .ini file and use the N1MM RadioInfo UDP packets for the antenna switch and let the amp switch itself when RF is applied and have both programs running.

I was just wondering if there is a way to implement the RadioInfo UDP message from LOG4OM or if I need to have both programs running.

In my minimal time using LOG4OM it is a great program and I hope I can get my software and hardware configured to use it for everyday operating and awards tracking.

Thank You,

George / W7GES
ZL2UB
Novice Class

Re: UDP Outbound RadioInfo Packet

Post by ZL2UB »

George,

I have played a little with sending messages from log40m v2 via the output UPD.

But must admit it has only been with the callsign option

Having a quick look for you. I think currently the only option would be to use the ADIF option, but then this is only created and sent when a QSO is saved.

And I think this might be too late for what you are trying to achieve

But as I said I an NO expert
Dave
ZL2UB
W7GES
Novice Class

Re: UDP Outbound RadioInfo Packet

Post by W7GES »

Hi Dave,

The UDP <RADIOINFO> message would need to be sent from LOG4OM every time the logging program reads a change in the information it is reading from the rig. N1MM does it once every 5 seconds if there is no change in frequency, mode, transmit status, etc for each radio.

If there is a radio change before then the <RADIOINFO> UDP message is sent immediately. I don't have the N1MM source code but that is what the documentation says and that is how it works so I believe, haha.

For now I just created a N1MM ini file that uses a generic DX log and feed every contact into LOG4OM via the incoming UDP packet.

I can alt-tab to LOG4OM to see if I need the country but it's a little clunky.

Not the end of the world and I am getting better at using LOG4OM.

George / W7GES