Web integration - Table header html export

HA7RJA
Novice Class

Web integration - Table header html export

Post by HA7RJA »

I use Log4OM to send my QSO data to qrz.com and I am using the qrz.com log to embedd the latest QSOs on a personal web page. The major disadvantage of using qrz.com is, that I have no influence on the structure and layout of the embedded log.
So I am now experimenting with the Log4OM web integration option, which I got working more or less allright (using html format), BUT...
(1) There seems to be no option to configure the styles/formats of the output html table: like I want the time to be in hours:minutes without seconds and the frequency without decimals (e.g. 14030 instead of 14030.40). I haven't found a css file that I can edit to make the styling suit my web page style.
(2) The elements of the table header should be with cell tags <th> and </th> instead of <td> and </td>. This will allow easier data processing by PHP (Log4OM table -> PHP arrays -> MySQL database).
(3) The web integration CSV output format is unusable, because the QSO table will get messed up if the CSV delimiter is ';' and the QTH data field contains a ';'.

I hope these issues can be resolved. I love Log4OM. I had HRD first, but that is far too complicated and user-unfriendly. I am writing my own PHP software to process my radio log, exported by Log4OM through the web intergration. 73 de HA7RJA
73 de HA7RJA (former PA3BSV)
WB4IT
Advanced Class

Re: Web integration - Table header html export

Post by WB4IT »

You're obviously tech savvy if you're writing PHP code. Have you considered using MySQL for your log? I use MySQL instead of SQLite, and I am planning on replicating the data from the MySQL server on my home LAN to an instance in the cloud. I'll then write my own python or php code to display my logbook in various ways. QSOs by year, by mode, most contacted callsigns, top bands used, etc. Anything that's fun to look at.

Once you have your log or a copy of it in MySQL, your PHP code could do whatever you wanted. Just an idea.
HA7RJA
Novice Class

Post by HA7RJA »

Dear WB4IT (Brian?),
Thank you for the reply and for your suggestion to use MySQL rather than SQLite for the logbook data export/transfer. For now, I am not looking for fancy sorting options that MySQL does provide, but merely a list of QSOs that I have made.
For now, I am using PHP code to process the exported Log4OM data into the right format (i.e. the html table headers) and this is working well.
I will have a look into the MySQL option and may use it in the future. So... thank you very much for your reply!
73 de Rob HA7RJA
73 de HA7RJA (former PA3BSV)
WB4IT
Advanced Class

Post by WB4IT »

I should have also mentioned that you don't really need MySQL to accomplish this. You can connect directly to an SQLite file using PHP. It's probably best to not work with the live Log4OM2 SQLite database file, but rather a copy of it. I used to run a job that would make a copy of my SQLite db file and transfer it to a webserver on some interval.

I had Perl code that would select * from log and do various things with it. You could use something like this for PHP - https://www.sqlitetutorial.net/sqlite-php/connect/

73, Brian