Post Change Log with all versions available for Download

N1FG
Advanced Class

Post Change Log with all versions available for Download

Post by N1FG »

Getting much more used to Log4OM2 after almost a year of daily use. Understand the advantages and limitations in the systems and keep a daily watch on this forum to continue learning.

This brings me to my suggestion to include the MantisBT Change Log when a new version download is made available to all users. Right now I am using V2.22.0.0. When I see that V.22.0.2 Beta is available I don't have any idea whether if addresses any of the issues that I "care" about and whether it's worth downloading.

If you would post the MantisBT Change Log it would be easy to see what has changed and if I should expend the time/effort/bandwidth to get it. Without that Change Log it is a shot in the dark, especially so since you have it marked as a Beta test version.

Larry N1FG
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Post Change Log with all versions available for Download

Post by KI5IO »

Release Notes for the new version are visible when one installs the updates.

You can also see all Release Notes at: Help / About / Release Notes
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
N1FG
Advanced Class

Post by N1FG »

Thanks Nolan, but this doesn't address the issue.

I want to know what is fixed (or believed to be fixed) in a version *before* I go through the trouble, and risk, to install it. (If the version is ready for general consumption/adoption I assume it wouldn't be marked "BETA" right? :D )

Moderators are consistently reminding us users that a particular issue or desire is "on the Mantis list" - ok, if that's so then why not post the Change Log which is a (very important) byproduct of that same system?

Surely you don't want to enlist your entire user base as Beta testers do you?

Larry N1FG
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Larry,

Lele has occasionally posted the Release Notes for given versions. I've asked him to consider doing that with each version that is posted on the website for d/l.

Ergo you (and other OMs) could view what has been addressed in that release before you d/l and install.

Alpha releases are worked on with a group of OMs on the Alpha team and often released to the team of OMs on the Beta team.

Beta versions have typically been very stable and once Lele puts a 'Beta' on the website for general d/l it is the RC for final.

As you are well aware that we can't always find everything that might be impacted by some changes and resulting cascading events. I can assure you that OMs are always finding things that result in needing attention and often is simply due to configuration of equipment at that QTH.

Lele only recently started putting Beta versions out for general d/l's and this is due to the multitude of configuration options that keep multiplying over the past year and his seeking additional input from you and other OMs.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
N1FG
Advanced Class

Post by N1FG »

Thanks Nolan and I appreciate that detailed reply. I worked in the business for my entire career (high-reliability firmware and software for aerospace and medical products) and certainly understand.

Good luck and thanks for your personal (and all the other folks) efforts to make Log4OM2 better every day.

Larry N1FG