Avery Printer Templetes

wb2bin
Advanced Class

Avery Printer Templetes

Post by wb2bin »

I have been working trying to print labels for quite some time. I would like to see more templetes added. If there is a way for me to add them I have not found it. Also, it would be nice if others have figured it out to put the printer information on here or Facebook.

Thanks for a great program.

Greg
WB2BIN
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Avery Printer Templetes

Post by KI5IO »

wb2bin wrote: 21 Jul 2022, 11:50 I have been working trying to print labels for quite some time. I would like to see more templetes added. If there is a way for me to add them I have not found it. Also, it would be nice if others have figured it out to put the printer information on here or Facebook.

Thanks for a great program.

Greg
WB2BIN
Greg,

Take a look at the most current User Guide dated: July 17, 2022. You can d/l that version from: Help / User Guide / English (Force Update).

Look at Page 114 for Label Design. You can rename the label name with the tweaks you have to make for your printer arrangement and those templates will be saved with the username extension for future use.

I've included a screen clip of the various templates I've made over time and each has their own filename.

Terry & Lele have provided basic templates that are easily adjustable to match each user's configuration. Trying to provide precise templates for each possibility would be close to impossible.
Attachments
label-templates.JPG
label-templates.JPG (59.75 KiB) Viewed 1497 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Additionally EVERY printer has different characteristics, even those of the same make and model so some adjustment is inevitable
73 Terry G4POP
wb2bin
Advanced Class

Post by wb2bin »

Thanks, I did get the printer to work with one QSO but not multiple QSO's. I was looking for another templete to try like longer, wider ect....It would be nice though if other Avery's were least made available. It would also be nice if the ones that gotten it to work would put their measurements on here instead of just say FTFM. I have read the manual front to back many times and I learn something new every time. I just had not found out how to do more with labels and that is the reason I ask the question.

Thanks,
Greg
WB2BIN
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

wb2bin wrote: 22 Jul 2022, 17:01 Thanks, I did get the printer to work with one QSO but not multiple QSO's. I was looking for another templete to try like longer, wider ect....It would be nice though if other Avery's were least made available. It would also be nice if the ones that gotten it to work would put their measurements on here instead of just say FTFM. I have read the manual front to back many times and I learn something new every time. I just had not found out how to do more with labels and that is the reason I ask the question.

Thanks,
Greg
WB2BIN
Greg,

The flexibility of the template design that is programmed into Log4OM gives you the capability to adjust the settings (and save them) for each/every template available. Consider that paper and template sizes are different overseas when compared to what is available here in the USA. Looking at the Avery (and other such sites) you will find many multiples of templates available. The issue can then become "which ones" should be selected and for "which" printers they be set up for? Thus the flexible option has been made available with a very few common templates chosen as an example for us each to start from and modify to fit our specific needs.

As to why other OMs who have set up templates for their particular use have not uploaded them is a question we can't answer.

You asking for such adjusted template files is the best and if OMs have done such and are willing to do so they can and will upload them.

Now ... below is a link to a YouTube Video that Terry produced about Printing Labels. Have you taken the time to what that video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90HLl7tXBYM

This video may also help answer some of your questions.
Plano, TX
wb2bin
Advanced Class

Post by wb2bin »

Nolan,
I appreciate your comments and I have watched Terrys utube. I have watched everyone multiple times. Let me tell you my problem. I have been trying most of the day to print labels with multiple QSO's one each label. I pick a country that I have worked multiple times on different bands. Every thing seems fine until I print. I print and the labels are off a little and I want to try again. I do some adjustment and try again. I get to the PDF and nothing happens, will not bring up the PDF to print. I try a different call and same problem. It will let me print once only. I have read and re read the manual. Watched Terrys video still no joy. Any idea of what I am doing wrong?

Any help appreciated.

Greg
WB2BIN
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

wb2bin wrote: 23 Jul 2022, 20:18 Nolan,
I appreciate your comments and I have watched Terrys utube. I have watched everyone multiple times. Let me tell you my problem. I have been trying most of the day to print labels with multiple QSO's one each label. I pick a country that I have worked multiple times on different bands. Every thing seems fine until I print. I print and the labels are off a little and I want to try again. I do some adjustment and try again. I get to the PDF and nothing happens, will not bring up the PDF to print. I try a different call and same problem. It will let me print once only. I have read and re read the manual. Watched Terrys video still no joy. Any idea of what I am doing wrong?

Any help appreciated.

Greg
WB2BIN
I'm not fully clear on your response so please forgive my line of thoughts below.

If you are in the Label Definition routine and you Load a Label either what is provided as default or one you have modified and now has a "user_" prefix on it. Once loaded and you tap the TEST PDF button (lower right corner of Label Definition window) does not your PDF viewer open with some text on a page?

My confusion is in your comment above where you say "I get to the PDF and nothing happens, will not bring up the PDF to print."

Does your PDF viewer open or not? This is just a verification that your PDF viewer is operating OK.

Also when in the Label Print routine when you have gone through the QSO Selection and Routing tabs and are now on the Print tab. Do you already have QSOs listed in the Step 4: QSO Update area? If there are already QSOs in that area when you tap the Step 3: Print button your PDF viewer won't open and show the selected QSOs/labels you are wanting to print.

If that is the case tap the "Reset PRINTED status" button. It will clear out the QSOs in the Step 4 window and if you then again tap the Step 3: Print button your PDF viewer should open with the labels you are wanting to print.

I may have two two different routines together here, but also want to be sure that your PDF viewer is operating as a baseline.
Plano, TX
wb2bin
Advanced Class

Post by wb2bin »

Nolan,

I think I have gotten it. I was trying to use my own log to test the printer function. Once I started using the test PDF I was able to make adjustments quickly. I have printed out a few and I think I have every thing aligned and saved. Much easier to print out labels than write 2 and one half pounds of QSL cards.

Thanks again.

Greg
WB2BIN
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

wb2bin wrote: 24 Jul 2022, 11:23 Nolan,

I think I have gotten it. I was trying to use my own log to test the printer function. Once I started using the test PDF I was able to make adjustments quickly. I have printed out a few and I think I have every thing aligned and saved. Much easier to print out labels than write 2 and one half pounds of QSL cards.

Thanks again.

Greg
WB2BIN
Greg,

Tnx for the update and your perseverance.

Tnx also for using Log4OM V2.
Plano, TX
wb2bin
Advanced Class

Post by wb2bin »

I have the labels working but still trying to refine.

I have not figured out how to get rid of "QSL Direct, Pse QSL, the country name and number on the QSL label and on the address label it prints the name of the country worked. In other words after the correct address is printed next line prints the country. I took one in to the post office and the lady asks me where was it going. I put a line thru the country but the post office does not like that.

Maybe it is in the manual but I could not find it.

I can live with what I have but would like to refine.

Also, if anyone would be interested in my set up please feel free to email and or phone. I am good in QRZ.

I must say after the latest updates being able to work with worked, not worked and getting labels to work.....WOW!!!!!

Thanks,
Greg,
WB2BIN