Question about POTA references on the edit QSO tab

Update and distribution of news relating to awards

Moderator: OE6CLD

KB5VXX
Novice Class

Question about POTA references on the edit QSO tab

Post by KB5VXX »

Okay, so I have tried entering several different park numbers in the Award Refs tab and they don't seem to be working even though they are valid parks. K-7498 for example. I enter 7498 into the references tab, then go to award pulldown menu and select POTA, but nothing pops up in the big box under references for me to enter the park. Is this a POTA website issue or a Log4OM issue? How can I add those references from the all_parks.csv file? I looked at page 117 and it went over my head.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Question about POTA references on the edit QSO tab

Post by G4POP »

Moved to correct AWARD forum where our awards manager is more likely to see it
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

KB5VXX wrote: 13 Oct 2020, 05:15 Okay, so I have tried entering several different park numbers in the Award Refs tab and they don't seem to be working even though they are valid parks. K-7498 for example. I enter 7498 into the references tab, then go to award pulldown menu and select POTA, but nothing pops up in the big box under references for me to enter the park. Is this a POTA website issue or a Log4OM issue? How can I add those references from the all_parks.csv file? I looked at page 117 and it went over my head.
Just checked and that reference is not yet in the default list of references so what you should do having entered the call sign of the other station is as follows:

1. In te Award ref (F3) tab select the award (POTA)
2. Click on the Black cross (Add unlisted reference) and a small box will appear as below.

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (6.95 KiB) Viewed 3691 times

3. Enter the correct reference e.g K-7498 and click on the check mark icon - You will see the reference is now in the box as below

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (31.26 KiB) Viewed 3691 times

4. Save the QSO in the normal way

Always select the award before entering a reference even if just searching for a reference
73 Terry G4POP
KB5VXX
Novice Class

Post by KB5VXX »

Thank you very kindly! Just wondering, is there an easy way to import that CSV file from the POTA site? The one that comes up in the awards manager where you can edit the awards? https://pota.us/all_parks.csv ? I tried messing with it last night but I couldn't get it to work. I basically felt like a monkey trying to launch a rocketship, lol!
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

KB5VXX wrote: 13 Oct 2020, 13:38 Thank you very kindly! Just wondering, is there an easy way to import that CSV file from the POTA site? The one that comes up in the awards manager where you can edit the awards? https://pota.us/all_parks.csv ? I tried messing with it last night but I couldn't get it to work. I basically felt like a monkey trying to launch a rocketship, lol!
Page 139 >>> explains how to do that

You might find the information for Updating WWFF award references of use also - Page 152>>>>

You can add references in the award manager to an existing award reference file
73 Terry G4POP
KB5VXX
Novice Class

Post by KB5VXX »

Okay! Thank you all for the help, and the great logging program! 73!