Cannot Give Granted Status To Old QSO's

Update and distribution of news relating to awards

Moderator: OE6CLD

K7KB
Novice Class

Cannot Give Granted Status To Old QSO's

Post by K7KB »

I've been DX'ing since the early 70's and so have a few old QSL's that have been been submitted and granted award status in LOTW, but for some reason I can't give it the same grant in Log4OM2 even though the contact is listed in my log. Lets take for example the following QSO:

Call: WB4WGU/VP7
Date: 14 Apr. 1972
Time: 0314Z
Mode: SSB
Band: 20M
Entity: Bahamas

LOTW shows this is what I have credited for a Phone QSO with Bahamas so went in to View/Award Status to bring up my matrix. Using DXCC for the award, and Predefined Config set to PHONE, I go to the row for the Bahamas, Click on 20M, and WB4WGU/VP7 doesn't show up. A couple of other calls do, but not that one. Keep in mind the contact is in the log as I can go to the main log page, click on F10 for Worked Before, type in WB4WGU in the callsign window, and the log entry appears. I can double click on the entry, bring up the QSO Edit window, enter Award Refs, and set the DXCC Validated Granted status for the contact for DXCC-PH but it still won't appear in the award matrix.

This is not the only QSO that's done this. I had another earlier this evening for UW9AF that was a SSB QSO and it won't show up in the DXCC Phone matrix either.

So one thing I noticed is that both of these calls are no longer listed in QRZ.com, most likely either SK's or no longer licensed. Does Log4OM2 do some kind of sanity check with QRZ and if the call does not come back as valid it won't show as a possible award contact?

Anyway, it's driving me nuts. Although they are old QSO's, the ARRL awarded them to me as award credits and I would like to give them the same status in Log4OM.

Thanks!
John K7KB
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Cannot Give Granted Status To Old QSO's

Post by G4POP »

Have you done a full LOTW download in Log4OM QSL Manager with 'Retrieve credited QSL's' box checked?

I will move this thread to its rightful place in AWARD Support
73 Terry G4POP
K7KB
Novice Class

Post by K7KB »

G4POP wrote: 18 Nov 2020, 08:23 Have you done a full LOTW download in Log4OM QSL Manager with 'Retrieve credited QSL's' box checked?

Yep, that's how I initially populated the granted credits. Even so, you should be able to go in and manually give it granted status and have it appear in the award matrix, which it's not doing.

If you don't mind, it would be great if someone there on the support team could enter in the contact exactly like I presented it, go give it validated granted status for DXCC-PH, and then see if it shows up in the award matrix. Then you can see what I'm talking about.

John K7KB
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

K7KB wrote: 18 Nov 2020, 19:12
G4POP wrote: 18 Nov 2020, 08:23 Have you done a full LOTW download in Log4OM QSL Manager with 'Retrieve credited QSL's' box checked?

Yep, that's how I initially populated the granted credits. Even so, you should be able to go in and manually give it granted status and have it appear in the award matrix, which it's not doing.

If you don't mind, it would be great if someone there on the support team could enter in the contact exactly like I presented it, go give it validated granted status for DXCC-PH, and then see if it shows up in the award matrix. Then you can see what I'm talking about.

John K7KB

OK John,
I did as suggested and find that although the QSO appears in the DXCC Mixed it does not appear in DXCC phone, see below!

I will refer this to Lele

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (92.28 KiB) Viewed 4510 times
73 Terry G4POP
K7KB
Novice Class

Post by K7KB »

You are right Terry, it shows up in the Mixed listing but not the Phone matrix. Thanks for referring this one for a fix :)

John K7KB
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

John,
Please update the awards file – Settings/update resources/Log4OM awards

It was a mistake regarding the valid dates in the Phone award, Claus has updated the file and I have checked and it now works fine

Thanks for spotting the bug
73 Terry G4POP
K7KB
Novice Class

Post by K7KB »

G4POP wrote: 19 Nov 2020, 10:33 John,
Please update the awards file – Settings/update resources/Log4OM awards

It was a mistake regarding the valid dates in the Phone award, Claus has updated the file and I have checked and it now works fine

Thanks for spotting the bug
Well now it's worse. I went into /update resources/Log4OM awards and it didn't seem to do anything. So next I tried Utilities/Award Manger, clicked on "Update", and then selected "Update Awards".

Now when I go into the View/Award Status, select DXCC as the award, and have the Predefined Config set to "Phone", it shows everything in the award matrix. Digital QSO's, CW, Phone, etc. not just the Phone contacts. Same goes if you select "CW" as the Predifined Config. One that does seem to work properly is Digital as that seems to just show the Digital QSO's.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

John,
Think that you did something wrong because it deffinately works fine now.

1. Are you using version 2.10.0.0?
2. Settings/update resources/Log4OM awards - Wait for the '!' mark to appear and restart log4om
3. Go to View/award status and select DXCC then Phone
4. It may be necessary to 'Rescan the award references' if so go to the maintenance tab of the awards status window and do so

Here is my test QSO and as you can see its working fine

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (125.33 KiB) Viewed 4465 times
73 Terry G4POP
K7KB
Novice Class

Post by K7KB »

G4POP wrote: 19 Nov 2020, 22:45 John,
Think that you did something wrong because it deffinately works fine now.

1. Are you using version 2.10.0.0?
2. Settings/update resources/Log4OM awards - Wait for the '!' mark to appear and restart log4om
3. Go to View/award status and select DXCC then Phone
4. It may be necessary to 'Rescan the award references' if so go to the maintenance tab of the awards status window and do so

Here is my test QSO and as you can see its working fine

Capture.JPG
Yes, using the latest version, 2.10.0.0. Tried steps 2,3,and 4 again. No change. It seems something got corrupted in the "Predefined Config". The reason I think this may be the case is if I leave this dropdown blank, then select the "Award Filters" tab, then under Emission just select "Phone" and do a refresh, the award matrix shows up properly. Just out of curiosity, are the predefined filters stored somewhere in a .xml file that can be edited and checked?

I guess a last resort if I can't get this figured out will be to export the log, reinstall Log4OM2, and start from scratch.

John K7KB
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

The complete award config is stored using the award manager

Try a fresh download and install of Log4OM 2.10.0.0
73 Terry G4POP