When can we modify an Award

Update and distribution of news relating to awards

Moderator: OE6CLD

F6FLU
Old Man

When can we modify an Award

Post by F6FLU »

Hello
another question, when and how can we modify this part in the Award Management window
2022-01-02_10h15_34.jpg
2022-01-02_10h15_34.jpg (80.6 KiB) Viewed 2653 times
For example I would like to modify the RAC award
I would like Lo4OM to calculate the RAC also if in the STATE field there is the RAC code.
For that I think I would have to tell him by selecting "Award will search in QSO field and selecting the" STATE field but we don't have access to it
Can we modify this award and if so how?
Example about WAS :
2022-01-02_10h23_13.jpg
2022-01-02_10h23_13.jpg (109.99 KiB) Viewed 2653 times
in this example (WAS) we can see that the type of award is QSOFIELDS and in this case we can select "Award will search in QSO field and selecting the" STATE field
but in the case of RAC we cannot tell him that the type of award is QSOFIELDS and not REFERENCE

I think it's done on purpose?

Can you detail this operation?
and tell us what can be changed or what MUST NOT be changed.

Thank you & HNY
Dan - F6FLU
Log4OM V2.32.1.0 - Windows 11 - i9-11900K - SSD 512Go - 32 Go
FTdx101D - Hexbeam - Wired dipole 40-30M
https://F6FLU.org
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: When can we modify an Award

Post by G4POP »

Double click award in left column to open for editing
73 Terry G4POP
F6FLU
Old Man

Post by F6FLU »

G4POP wrote: 02 Jan 2022, 10:17 Double click award in left column to open for editing
Hello Terry
No not here :-)

this screenshot shows what i get by double clicking on an award, i can't edit ...
Dan - F6FLU
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

F6FLU wrote: 02 Jan 2022, 11:02
G4POP wrote: 02 Jan 2022, 10:17 Double click award in left column to open for editing
Hello Terry
No not here :-)

this screenshot shows what i get by double clicking on an award, i can't edit ...

Double clicking the award name in the left hand column fills the right hand tabs with editable data, I just tried this and it worked fine, see below:

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (183.25 KiB) Viewed 2647 times
73 Terry G4POP
F6FLU
Old Man

Post by F6FLU »

Hi Terry
I talk about the award type not award info ..
Dan - F6FLU
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

F6FLU wrote: 02 Jan 2022, 12:07 Hi Terry
I talk about the award type not award info ..
That single field cannot be edited because it is the base style of award selected at conception, if you want to use another award Type you must generate a new award and select the type at the start of constructing the award
73 Terry G4POP
F6FLU
Old Man

Post by F6FLU »

Hello

Thank you Terry for taking the time to answer me.
I suspected that it was reserved but in this case I allow myself to make some proposals:

P1) If it is reserved for the original versions of the awards, in this case would it not be wise for this tab to be hidden, or at least for there to be a screenshot in the documentation specifying that the user final cannot change anything in this tab which will avoid asking this kind of question

P2) if, on the other hand, this tab can be used on a diploma created by the user, it would still be good to describe how to use this tab.
For example to specify that this tab can only be modified if the type of award is "QSOFIELDS" and not "REFERENCE"
and in this case it is necessary to explain somewhere the different possible choices ...

P3) describe this tab in a part of documentation named "For experts" for example or something like that ...

Another questions :

Q1) Obviously Log4OM takes into account the content of the "Comments" field for awards like RDA and I think also for the RAC Award.
Can you confirm if I have a QSO with a Canadian Station and I put for example "ON" in the "Comments" field then Log'OM will automatically put "RAC @ ONTARIO" in the Award Refs tab. of the QSO?

Q2) Does this mean that this is the case for all the awards delivered with Log4OM, that is to say that Log4OM systematically looks at the content of the "comments" field and if this corresponds with an award from the country concerned for this QSO then Log 4OM automatically adds this award in the "Award Refs. Part" of the QSO and of course Log4OM takes this QSO into account in the award list ?

Thank you very much if you can take the time to answer my concerns for the day.
I'm just trying to understand in detail how the awards calculation works in general with Log4OM

Thanks again and HNY
Dan - F6FLU
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

F6FLU wrote: 03 Jan 2022, 08:20 Q1) Obviously Log4OM takes into account the content of the "Comments" field for awards like RDA and I think also for the RAC Award.
Can you confirm if I have a QSO with a Canadian Station and I put for example "ON" in the "Comments" field then Log'OM will automatically put "RAC @ ONTARIO" in the Award Refs tab. of the QSO?
No the comments field is checked for an actual Award reference string, like EU-103. State or prefecture references are calculated from the ADIF state field
Q2) Does this mean that this is the case for all the awards delivered with Log4OM, that is to say that Log4OM systematically looks at the content of the "comments" field and if this corresponds with an award from the country concerned for this QSO then Log 4OM automatically adds this award in the "Award Refs. Part" of the QSO and of course Log4OM takes this QSO into account in the award list ?
Again - Only if a known reference is found and that does not include 2 letter state abbreviations
73 Terry G4POP
F6FLU
Old Man

Post by F6FLU »

hello
I'm sorry but I still can't figure out how this works.
I did a lot of testing today without understanding how it can work.
So let's take just one example:

I contact VE6WQ and I did not enter the "state" field in the "Info (F2)" tab and I validated the QSO.
Then I receive the QSL card and I see that it is in the province of Alberta
What should I change?

1) For a single QSO I think it is enough to edit it and select "Alberta" in the State field of the "Contact's details" tab for Log4om to take it into account for the RAC Award (With "Rebuild Statistics)

2) But if I have several QSOs like this; how do I modify all these QSOs?

I can modify all the QSOs concerned via "utilities QSO Manager" in one go by modifying the "comments" field or the "State" field or another field so that Log4OM can take this province into account and therefore add "RAC @ ALBERTA" in all these QSOs?

or is it not possible to modify several QSOs at the same time to assign them "RAC @ ALBERTA" in "Award refs"?
Thank you again for your help ...
Dan - F6FLU
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

I would use QSO manager and filter as below

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (46.45 KiB) Viewed 2613 times

Then Update Info on the selected as below

Untitled2.jpg
Untitled2.jpg (81.88 KiB) Viewed 2613 times

If all updates did not work I would then use 'Single field update to deal with the rest again as below

Untitled3.jpg
Untitled3.jpg (77.75 KiB) Viewed 2613 times
73 Terry G4POP