WASA / VUCC Grids

Update and distribution of news relating to awards

Moderator: OE6CLD

M1VPN
Novice Class

WASA / VUCC Grids

Post by M1VPN »

Hello All,

I'm in the midst of making a Log4OM Award for the collection of 4 digit Locator Squares, so can be used for VUCC and JARL WASA, but I can't get the Locator squares to be picked up by the award. I am obviously doing something wrong, but can't figure out what it is.

I have followed the videos and guides, but none that I can find specifically deal with the Gridsquare.

What I am doing is creating a QSOfield award, looking at the Gridsquare field in the QSO by ref code. I setup the bands and modes and select all DXCC, I then import my csv list of all possible 4 digit gridsquares across the world, all 32k+ of them [format is AA00, AA00 etc]. In the import, I put the first field in the Orange Reference box, and the second field in the Description box then import. I have also tried putting the first field in the Gridsquare box, but still the same. Save the award and then open the Award Status box, select the award and Maintenance, Rescan Award.

To complicate things however, I have a number of 6 digit Grids for QSO's updated by eQSL, but obviously only want to reference the 4 digit, so any advice that helps both issues is appreciated.

Best 73,

Damian - M1VPN
M1VPN
Novice Class

Re: WASA / VUCC Grids

Post by M1VPN »

Progress, but not quite there.

I ended up amending and creating the award XML directly and have got the award working for both WASA and VUCC (two separate awards) apart from the issue in this post ;

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=7204

I get the same, where all square series start at xx10, ignoring any entries in 00-09, even though they are defined in the references. I'm not seeing how the regex format can affect this, so suggest it is how the Regex is being applied to the search but will carry on looking at it and post back if I find any resolution.

Damian - M1VPN
M1VPN
Novice Class

Post by M1VPN »

So I've done some more testing and can confirm now that the software is ignoring gridsquares in the ranges of xx00-xx09, using either Regex or direct defined references.

Can I raise this as a program bug ?

Tested on Versions 2.22.0.0 and 2.24.0.0, and both the same.

Damian - M1VPN
OE6CLD
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by OE6CLD »

Hi Damian,

Thanks a lot for your efforts and the problem reported. Let me do a quick check myself. If confirmed a will open a ticket in our bug tracking software and keep you updated.

Claus, OE6CLD
Claus, OE6CLD/DJ0DX/EI7JZ