Proposed New Feature

N4RF
Advanced Class

Proposed New Feature

Post by N4RF »

Just a thought...There is a column in the layout for LoTW users in the cluster tab, but not in the recent QSO's tab.

I think it would be useful for QSL management purposes to have somewhere within Log4OM, maybe in Recent QSO's, where 3 columns are together indicating LoTW users, LoTW Sent and LoTW Received. If I was to see LoTW Sent, but not Received and the column next to them show that the station is indeed a LoTW User, it would be good to investigate to determine what is wrong, if anything.

We occasionally have LoTW users for whom I uploaded a QSO to, but never got a downloaded confirmation back. If I noticed that they are indeed LoTW users, I would email them and often get the QSO confirmed. One of those fall between the crack issues.

Thanks and 73,

Bob N4RF
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Proposed New Feature

Post by G4POP »

Nothing will be added to version 1 its on maintenance only since version 2 was launched two years ago
73 Terry G4POP
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Time to say stop support to V1 ??
I think "yes" ...
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

DF5WW wrote: 31 Jan 2022, 17:38 Time to say stop support to V1 ??
I think "yes" ...
No apparently Lele is determined to continue maintenence of V1 that's why he reopened the V1 forum!

Like we have not got enough to do?
73 Terry G4POP
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Moved to V2 section, as user is on V2.
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

N4RF wrote: 31 Jan 2022, 15:10 Just a thought...There is a column in the layout for LoTW users in the cluster tab, but not in the recent QSO's tab.

I think it would be useful for QSL management purposes to have somewhere within Log4OM, maybe in Recent QSO's, where 3 columns are together indicating LoTW users, LoTW Sent and LoTW Received. If I was to see LoTW Sent, but not Received and the column next to them show that the station is indeed a LoTW User, it would be good to investigate to determine what is wrong, if anything.

We occasionally have LoTW users for whom I uploaded a QSO to, but never got a downloaded confirmation back. If I noticed that they are indeed LoTW users, I would email them and often get the QSO confirmed. One of those fall between the crack issues.

Thanks and 73,

Bob N4RF
You already have display of the LOTW sent and received status in recent QSO's and the main UI in two places as below.

If you sent a confirmation but did not receive one then do a lookup and see what method if any the guy uses

Untitled new.jpg
Untitled new.jpg (21.39 KiB) Viewed 24888 times
Capture 1.png
Capture 1.png (43.53 KiB) Viewed 24888 times
73 Terry G4POP