Log4OM communicator

General discussions about Log4OM features
g4lds
Novice Class

Log4OM communicator

Post by g4lds »

Im running latest version & when I open it, I get a window saying ""Log4OM Communicator Interface" I close it down Is this normal now??

Chris
G4LDS
73s
Chris
G4LDS
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Log4OM communicator

Post by G4POP »

Hi Chris,
Yes it is a new part of Log4OM, we removed all of the external services from the main structure and provided a seperate Communicator module to handle all of that trafic which helps to keep the main program running faster.

If you are using Alerts, Rotator control, interfacing with external software like FLdigi etc. you must minimise the Communicator because closing the window effectively stops the external services.

Full information can be found on Page 18 of the user manual.
73 Terry G4POP
g4lds
Novice Class

Post by g4lds »

Thanks Terry
As you might know I use Log4OM as a stand alone log/cluster tool!!
Hope all ok in sunny Burnham
Keep up the good work!!
73s
Chris
G4LDS
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Hi Chris,
If you don't use external services like alerts then you only need to go to the options/services tab and stop the service and uncheck the Start Automatically check box, then the Communicator will not start when you open the program.
73 Terry G4POP
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Chris, if you don´t need the communicator go to "Settings/Options/Services" and uncheck the Autostart box. Then communicator won´t be started if you open Log4Om next time .... But if you need "Alerts" let him run. Don´t use 2 much ressources ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.