Updating LoTW sent and Eqsl received status.

General discussions about Log4OM features
PA3DJY

Updating LoTW sent and Eqsl received status.

Post by PA3DJY »

First of all i like to congratulate the maker(s) and team of Log4OM, a really fine asset to the HAM community.

I just started with the program and all seemed easy to set up and to understand.
The only problem sofar is with the LoTW sent status and the Eqsl sent and rcvd status.
I transferred about 30.000 QSO's from another logbookprogram into Log4OM via the "File" "Import ADIF" menus.

Some extra information: The field names and values from my other program are as follows:
Field qsl_sent/qsl_rcvd with the values R=Requested, F= Fulfilled, X= Not wanted and I=Ignore. Working fine, all info is taken over by Log4OM.
Field lotw_rcvd with the value R, F, X or I.
Field lotw_sent with the value yes or no (generated by program if uploaded).
Field eqsl_rcvd with the value R,F,X or I.
Field eqsl_sent with the values yes or no (generated by program if uploaded).

What happened in Log4OM after inport ADIF:
- All Eqsl sent status of the QSO's are displayed as "N" while in fact all QSO's were already uploaded.
- All Eqsl rcvd status of the QSO's are displayed as "N" while in fact a lot of the QSO's are confirmed already.
- All LoTW qsl rcvd status QSO's are filled in correctly after downloading, together with their lotw received data.
- All LoTW qsl sent status QSO's are displayed as "N" for all QSO's in the database.
- Downloading EQSL confirmations failed, if i fill in a past datum (from ..... to .....download) i got a message "No qso's found).

Now my question:
1. How can i set the status for all Eqsl_sent QSO,s from "N" into "Y" ?
2. How can i set the status for all Lotw_sent QSO's from "N" into "Y" ?
3. With my other logbook i can normally download Eqsl's but what am i doing wrong when downloading E-QSL's with Log4OM ?

Many thanks for your help in advance !!!
Gerrit
PA3DJY
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Updating LoTW sent and Eqsl received status.

Post by G4POP »

Now my question:
1. How can i set the status for all Eqsl_sent QSO,s from "N" into "Y" ?
2. How can i set the status for all Lotw_sent QSO's from "N" into "Y" ?
Use the QSO Manager to bulk edit the QSO's as defined in the user guide and YouTube tutorials
3. With my other logbook i can normally download Eqsl's but what am i doing wrong when downloading E-QSL's with Log4OM ?
Clearly you have not set up eqsl correctly in the Log4OM options, perhaps an incorrect 'Nickname' or a user name or password containing special characters like !"£$%^&*()+ etc

Doing a download in the QSL Manager for LOTW and EQSL using a start date equal to the earliest QSO in your logbook will update the received status and received date plus the LOTW credit status
73 Terry G4POP
PA3DJY

Re: Updating LoTW sent and Eqsl received status.

Post by PA3DJY »

Good morning Terry,

Thanks for your quick reply and advice.
I figured out what the problem was with dowloading the Eqsl's. I interpreted and associated the HOME field with my QTH and
not aware that Eqsl has its own Home parameter. All works fine now.

Take care and 73's

Gerrit
PA3DJY