linux

General discussions about Log4OM features
KA5MWB
Advanced Class

linux

Post by KA5MWB »

any update to run log40m on linux i can not buy a new computer every 3 year window 7 is out
thanks
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: linux

Post by G4POP »

We are working on version 2.0 and at this time have no intention to provide a Linux nor a Mac version of either version of Log4OM
73 Terry G4POP
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

By the way, Windows 7 isn´t out yet. Microsoft will give Updates for the next
few years. The support will end on 20. Feb. 2020. Time enough to collect some
money for a new machine.

Newer machines will be faster and better with each new generation so the cost
for a new one in 2020 will bring you up to an actual machine which have actual
processors and gpu´s ....

;) ;)

Another thing: Why don´t users asking HRD.llc for a Linux version ? For that software
you have to pay but the HRD users which have Linux must using a virtual machine with
windows under linux. Think the same works with Log4OM too. But, Log4OM is free and
Lele have enough to do with maintenance updates of V1 versions and programming on
V2 .....

:idea: ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

FWIW. - I'm using a very mature Dell D830 laptop that was originally delivered with Windows 7.

I put in an SSD when the original HDD finally failed last year. Cost all of ~$80 USD.

I also installed Windows 10 Pro and have not had any operational issues.

My view is that many more mature computers will work fine with newer OS without having to go to Linux.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

SSD disks are able to bring back to the future your old laptop by almost 4 years... :D
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
kj6na
Novice Class

Linux

Post by kj6na »

I'd like to get Bill Gates and Microsoft out of my life forever, as would many others, especially with Gates COVID-19 agenda. I've achieved this goal for business use, and ham radio software was the only thing stopping me. Finally got wsjt-x to work natively on Manjaro linux, the best linux in my opinion, and Gridtracker as well. That's enough to get me to almost never fire up a Windows machine again. Log4OM is the last challenge for me. I can get the older versions to start under Wine but the fields will come up all black and the program hangs. Tried installing .net 4.7 under Wine and Crossover followed by Log4OM 2. The splash screen will come up in both, but nothing after that. Task Manager shows Log4OM2 running but the program never starts a GUI. If anyone has gotten the latest version of LOG4OM to work in any Linux, or even a version 1, can you detail it out for me ? What are all of the packages you had to install plus any instructions ? I did see a post on the Internet somewhere where a guy said he got it working under Crossover but no installation specifics.

Thanks !