DX Cluster manager

General discussions about Log4OM features
pa3adu
Advanced Class

DX Cluster manager

Post by pa3adu »

I am evaluating LOG4OM to replace my current HRDlogbook. So far, I noticed nice features which will work for me better than HRD.
But.... I am missing the DX-Manager in the cluster which I use very frequently in HRD. The way it works is that I can set various prefixes or calls including the use of wildcards and bands in the DX-manager which than send me an (audible) alarm when the wanted stations are spotted in the cluster. So far I have not found this option in LOG4OM.

Do I overlooke this option or is it simply not available (yet).

Nico / PA3ADU
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: DX Cluster manager

Post by G4POP »

Check the alerts and also custom highlights of cluster all covered in user guide and there are a lot of posts on this forum

Please note that as Growl has discontinued it's service you will need to use IFTTT instead
73 Terry G4POP
pa3adu
Advanced Class

Post by pa3adu »

Thank you Terry but I have problems with the English manual download (Acrobat replies with: "The file is damaged and could not repaired". So I only used the quick start so far but will download one of the older manuals available on the web.

73, Nico
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

nebbendorf wrote: 20 Aug 2019, 14:44 Thank you Terry but I have problems with the English manual download (Acrobat replies with: "The file is damaged and could not repaired". So I only used the quick start so far but will download one of the older manuals available on the web.

73, Nico
There have been issues with the web site, see other posts on this forum

Use Log4OM help menu to force download then view/open the manual
73 Terry G4POP
pa3adu
Advanced Class

Post by pa3adu »

I have got the cluster alerts working but 2 more questions:
- I selected "Audible" as an alarm. When the alert comes through, I get a meassage box "Log4OM Alert" on my screen but I can't hear any alarm. What kind of audible alarm or meassage wil it send? I am using an USB audio codec (connected to the TRX) but want to use the PC sound card for the alarm. In the audio config I selected the PC speakers but no sound.

- Is there a way to use wildcards? Lets assume I like to get an alert for all G calls with the suffix POP but with the prefix G1, G2 and G3. In HRD I would set the alert as: G*.POP. Would it be possible to filter for this?

73, Nico / PA3ADU
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi,
audible is a small sound played through default audio output, with a popup on screen. Should be something like a "DING" on the default output.

Actually filters doesn't accept wildcards, except for specific callsign. I'm reworking the entire section in V2 to allow them, playable sounds on selected card and possibly an "enhanced" mode that supports callsign by regular expression.

You should wait a bit but hopefully you will be satisfied of the result :)
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
pa3adu
Advanced Class

Post by pa3adu »

Hi Daniele,

thanks for explaning the alert and I appreciate the wildcard options in the filter very much (in the future).

I do get a push alert on the screen (and an email as well) but no sound (no ding or dong... :lol: )
Do I need to set up the speakers somewhere? I am using a codec sound card for the receiving part put the computer sounds are audiable via the PC speakers.

73, Nico
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Theoretically it should play on the default device... i'm struggling to find why it doesn't play... :oops:
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH