Upgrade to Log4OM V2 and PST Rotator problem

General discussions about Log4OM features
G0MGM
Novice Class

Upgrade to Log4OM V2 and PST Rotator problem

Post by G0MGM »

Hello

Im trying to upgrade to V2 and everything seems to have installed correctly, including the Omnirig install.

If I run Log4OM V2 it will get the frequency info from Omnirig perfectly.

If I run PSTRotator AZ without running LOG4OM V2, it reads the frequency with Omnirig fine and tunes my Ultrabeam antenna.

If PST Rotator is running and I start Log4OM V2, I cannot get freq info in Log4OM.

If I run Log4OM first and then start up PST Rotator, PST rotator error comes up saying 'OmniRig is not installed or has a wrong version number', Log4OM reads freq info fine.

When I click on 'Show CAT Interface' from Log4OM, Omnirig version is 1.19.

Not sure how to get both programs to work together. Any ideas?

Thanks

Rob
G0MGM
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Upgrade to Log4OM V2 and PST Rotator problem

Post by G4POP »

You should use the connections and pst rotator settings in the Log4OM program configuration..

Download the latest user guide and you will find instructions

I am sure it works because I set up two systems with PSTRotator and Stepir aerials only 2 weeks ago.

No Omnirig in PSTRotator
73 Terry G4POP
G0MGM
Novice Class

Post by G0MGM »

Hi Terry

I followed your Youtube video instructions about setting it up. Log4Om V1 and PST Rotator work fine. There is only 1 instance of OmniRib installed, which is what PST Rotator uses for controlling my Ultrabeam. Does this mean that both Log4OM and PST Rotator can't use it at the same time?

Rob
G0MGM
Novice Class

Post by G0MGM »

Hi Terry

I followed your Youtube video instructions about setting it up. Log4Om V1 and PST Rotator work fine. There is only 1 instance of OmniRib installed, which is what PST Rotator uses for controlling my Ultrabeam. Does this mean that both Log4OM and PST Rotator can't use it at the same time?

Rob
G0MGM
Novice Class

Post by G0MGM »

OK I think I have figured it out. I have to use SmartSDR as a connection on PST Rotator so it gets freq info directly from the radio via UDP and Log4OM uses Omnirig to get radio data.

Do you think there will be a way of getting radio data via UDP instead of OmniRig in the future on Log4OM?

Thanks

Rob
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Providing you run Omnirig, PSTRotator, log4om and any other software to run as an administrator they can all share Omnirig by multithreading

Run as an administrator is not the same as you having admin priveledged
73 Terry G4POP
G0MGM
Novice Class

Post by G0MGM »

OK thanks Terry, I will double check that they are run in Admin Mode.