Updating to the latest version

General discussions about Log4OM features
G0VQY
Advanced Class

Updating to the latest version

Post by G0VQY »

I just found the user guide on installation and upgrading. The tutorial said you must run as administrator on installation if you want to have certain settings. I don't remember doing this when I installed the software. How do I find out if I am the administrator?
Penn
G0VQY
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Updating to the latest version

Post by G4POP »

G0VQY wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 18:14 I just found the user guide on installation and upgrading. The tutorial said you must run as administrator on installation if you want to have certain settings. I don't remember doing this when I installed the software. How do I find out if I am the administrator?
Its not a case of you being an administrator that makes no difference.

When you install instead of double left clicking the install file right click on it and select 'Run as an administrator' from the menu. This applies to all programs to be run as such, Omnirig, WSJT, Log4om etc
73 Terry G4POP
G0VQY
Advanced Class

Post by G0VQY »

Hi Terry,

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've downloaded the latest version onto my PC. If I right click I don't see anything that relates to "run as administrator", all I see is "open, cut, copy, properties & delete". There must be something I'm not doing right.
Penn
G0VQY
G0VQY
Advanced Class

Post by G0VQY »

Okay, ignore my last message, I've just extracted the files again from the download and now I am seeing "run as administrator"
Penn
G0VQY
G0VQY
Advanced Class

Post by G0VQY »

Well, that was pretty painless. All updated to the latest version and all my QSO's are still intact.
Penn
G0VQY
G0VQY
Advanced Class

Post by G0VQY »

When I go to "QSL manager" I don't seem to be able to get the drop down to work so I can select EQSL.
Penn
G0VQY
G0VQY
Advanced Class

Post by G0VQY »

Penn
G0VQY
G0VQY
Advanced Class

Post by G0VQY »

I am still having problems with QSL manager this morning. Nothing on the box is clickable and I can't even close the box. Not sure what's going on.
Penn
G0VQY
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

G0VQY wrote: 21 Aug 2020, 11:45 I am still having problems with QSL manager this morning. Nothing on the box is clickable and I can't even close the box. Not sure what's going on.
Have you watched the YouTube tutorial 'Confirmations 3?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cthCCVwkXg&t=12s
73 Terry G4POP
G0VQY
Advanced Class

Post by G0VQY »

Hi, Terry,

Yes, watched all the videos. I've already uploaded over 1000 contacts to EQSl without any problems. However, when I went back this morning nothing works on the box. Like I have said, I can't even close the box. If I click outside the screen the box minimizes into my tray but I can only close it if I close the whole program
Penn
G0VQY