Log window not filling from WSJT spot

General discussions about Log4OM features
w0pr
Novice Class

Log window not filling from WSJT spot

Post by w0pr »

Good day and seasons greetings to all.

IC7300, L4OM-2, WSJT-X 2.2.2, GridTracker and microHam microKeyer II, OmniRig Running all as Administrator.

I followed all the instructions in the manual, and all the programs are coordinated and everything works as it should EXCEPT when I click on a spot in either Grid Tracker or WSJT-X, the main QSO window of L4OM does not populate with the callsign of the clicked-on station.

microKeyer II connects to the computer via USB and the wiring harness includes a "remote" plug. So I do not have a separate CI-V USB connection. But if I disconnect the microKeyer II "remote" plug I lose the Winkey keyer functions to my radio. I mention this only because the manual stipulates a CI-V USB connection.

Can anyone suggest anything that might solve this conundrum?

73...Larry, W0PR, Northfield, MN USA
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Log window not filling from WSJT spot

Post by G4POP »

w0pr wrote: 23 Dec 2020, 18:09 IC7300, L4OM-2, WSJT-X 2.2.2, GridTracker and microHam microKeyer II, OmniRig Running all as Administrator.

I followed all the instructions in the manual, and all the programs are coordinated and everything works as it should EXCEPT when I click on a spot in either Grid Tracker or WSJT-X, the main QSO window of L4OM does not populate with the callsign of the clicked-on station.

You must have missed something in the setup because there are no reports of any problems, try going through the user guide steps again (Download the latest user guide first)

microKeyer II connects to the computer via USB and the wiring harness includes a "remote" plug. So I do not have a separate CI-V USB connection. But if I disconnect the microKeyer II "remote" plug I lose the Winkey keyer functions to my radio. I mention this only because the manual stipulates a CI-V USB connection.

We only suggest the USB connection because it is the simple way of connecting, the remote route is fine and if you consult the user guide you will see that I recommend using the USB and the remote connections if you want to run FLDIGI and WSJT.

Clearly if you disconnect the remote plug you will lose the CAT control, that is normal unless your using the Icom USB connection for CAT and the remote socket for Winkeyer
73 Terry G4POP
w0pr
Novice Class

Post by w0pr »

Hi Terry,

I have repeatedly worked through every step. When I click on a call in WSJT and the callsign box in Log4OM is blank, it immediately prints the word CALLSIGN but no information populates. Is it a UDP command that I'm missing? Grid Tracker reports to L4OM and updates my log as it should with a UDP connection.

My settings are precisely what the manual stipulates. I'm mystified.

Larry, W0PR
w0pr
Novice Class

Post by w0pr »

BTW, Terry,

I downloaded 2.11.0.0 just now and it's still doing the same thing. Darn...hoped that would fix things.

STill just prints "CALLSIGN" in the main QSO entry window when I click on a spot in WSJT>
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

w0pr wrote: 24 Dec 2020, 16:00 Hi Terry,

I have repeatedly worked through every step. When I click on a call in WSJT and the callsign box in Log4OM is blank, it immediately prints the word CALLSIGN but no information populates. Is it a UDP command that I'm missing? Grid Tracker reports to L4OM and updates my log as it should with a UDP connection.

My settings are precisely what the manual stipulates. I'm mystified.

Larry, W0PR
Larry,
I personally dont use WSJT and only install it to ensure our software integrates with it!

However I have just downloaded and reinstalled the latest version of WSJT and set up my own personal version of Log4OM 2.11.0.0 to integrate with it following the steps on pages 193 and 194 of our latest user guide exactly.

The result is that a call entered in WSJT is immediately displayed and looked up in the Log4OM UI, see screen grab below!

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (77.98 KiB) Viewed 13750 times
Clearly you have something set up incorrectly so please check again step by step using our latest user guide. (Help/User guide/English (Force update))
73 Terry G4POP
w0pr
Novice Class

Post by w0pr »

Hi, Terry,

OK...that works. I was using the instructions for setup on page 24, didn't see the info on 168! My face, she is red.

But now I have an issue with Grid Tracker, but i can probably fix that.

Thanks and Merry Crimbo.

Cheers

Larry
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Larry
I am pleased its resolved but you must download the LATEST user guide regularly because the software is constantly evolving and things change rapidly, those changes are reflected in the latest user guides.

FYI --- I sometimes update the user guide a couple of times a day, if not more! but certainly several times a week, so anytime you need to do something the FIRST thing you should ALWAYS do is download the latest UG and search it for the information your interested in.

Have a great Christmas
73 Terry G4POP
w0pr
Novice Class

Post by w0pr »

Once more, my friend.

I was able to get the callsigns into the entry window per the instructions from the manual as you directed.

However, I'm trying to use Grid Tracker as well, and it calls for a UDP instruction , but utilizing port 2236. As soon as I put another UDP command in then the callsign entry no longer works. I'm really confused.

Have a nice Christmas eve, Terry...no need to respond until after the holiday.

Larry, W0PR
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

UDP ports cannot be used by multiple clients they work on a first come first served basis and can't then be accessed by another client.

Suggest you consult with Gridtracker developer
73 Terry G4POP
4X5ZS
New user

Post by 4X5ZS »

The following configuration works for me:

Setup GridTracker to listen to port 2237 and forward the messages to port 2238:

Setup Log4OM to listen to port 2238 rather than port 2237:

Note that this configuration would not work if WSJT-X and Log4OM are running, but GridTracker is not!