Log4OM will not run but system says it running

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Log4OM will not run but system says it running

Post by G4POP »

Yes but it wont use a v1 sqlite database you must create a database in v2 then import the v1 ADIF file

Perhaps read the quick start guide and watch the YouTube tutorial?
73 Terry G4POP
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

If you use V1 export an ADIF by the file menu "Export ADIF" and create a ADIF 3 standard file. You can save it
where ever you want. Create a DB in V2 and make it actice. If active you can import the ADIF 3 file into the
Log4OM V2 DB via the File menu "Import ADIF" ....

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
W5KAP
Novice Class

Post by W5KAP »

Danke sehr. Aber V1 arbeit nicht. Kein display. Ich habe ein alt ADIF. Velleicht?

Tschuss, Kenn W5KAP ex DA2QQ
W5KAP
Novice Class

Post by W5KAP »

Thanks Terry. I have downloaded V2 and I'm in the process of getting it set up. I'm going to read the start up guide and I'll look at Youtube for sure. I'm at the part in V2 where I have to create the database so I'm going to go slowly and not screw it up.

Thanks for all your help.

cheers, Kenn
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

For exporting V1 database to ADIF3 if the installed version of V1 will not run. Download the portable version
of V1 (no install needed) and open your V1 sqlite database with V1 portable.

By the way, thank´s for your answere in german but we don´t mix languages in a thread. It´s better for the
users. For other languages we have the foreign languages part in the forum ... ;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
W5KAP
Novice Class

Post by W5KAP »

Thanks. I truly pprciate your help. I got with a friend today who helped me recover my log and also load and update version2. I was able to export my log as an ADIF 3 and successfully upload it into version 2. I didn't lose any QSO's so I'm happy

73 and thank you again

Cheers, Kenn W5KAP
W5KAP
Novice Class

Post by W5KAP »

Terry, just wanted to drop you a note to thank you for your help. I got together with a friend today and I blew away version 1 after saving my log off. Then I loaded version two and imported my log and all is well. Thank you for your help and patience.

73 de Kenn W5KAP
VK4FI
Novice Class

Post by VK4FI »

Hi,

I have the same problem, I have been running V2 and V1 for sometime together as follows:

I reinstalled V1 of the program and then setup to log from V2 to V1 as described in the Manual on page 156.

Once this is setup, as you record a entry in the V2 logbook it is also logged in V1 and I then setup V1 to publish page as before.

Bit of setup but once done all good.

I have been using V1 to publish a html page, because this is not available in V2.

This has been working great up until yesterday, when all of a sudden V1 says it is running in Taskmanager but not getting any GUI showing.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Royal Australian Corps of Signals (Retired)
"Certa Cito"