Saved Distance Readings in error

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
M0GWD
Novice Class

Saved Distance Readings in error

Post by M0GWD »

Hello Terry, good afternoon

After a few weeks ago getting my distance settings sorted, I have discovered an issue that may have been there from the start.
Say for example I type in callsign GI0HWO in Northern Ireland. In the distance box on the right of the screen it displays 335.4, which looks correct to me.
When I press ADD, and add the QSO to the log file, and then check the distance under the Country & IOTA tab, it says 539, which is the same distance but now in kilometres?

Under Settings, Settings 1, I have 'Show distances in miles' ticked. Is there a way to get both auto-entered and saved distances in miles please so that the figures match, otherwise it gets confusing?

Many thanks

Mick
M0GWD
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Saved Distance Readings in error

Post by G4POP »

Hi Mike,

You are correct and I think I asked about that before.

I am checking with Daniele to see if this is possible and what the implications are, I will get back to you with an answere soon.
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Hi Mike,
I should have realised why without asking, as I am on the ADIF group, getting old,

the ADIF specification reads

DISTANCE - the distance between the logging station and the contacted station in kilometers via the specified signal path

So we have to save in Km to the database to make it compatible with ADIF, sorry but we can't change it.
73 Terry G4POP
M0GWD
Novice Class

Post by M0GWD »

Hello Terry, a very good evening to you

OK at least I understand. Thanks for getting back to me.
Still a great program. The Fort Purbrook ARC will be using it this Sunday 12th May for G100RSGB.

Cheers Terry

Mick
M0GWD