Help with creating ADIF file

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
M0GWD
Novice Class

Help with creating ADIF file

Post by M0GWD »

Hello Terry, good evening

Please can you talk me through the ADIF creation process.
I thought that I'd done it for the G100RSGB station we ran today but it has no bands and frequencies in it?

I'm still using the original program by the way.

Thanks Terry

Regards

Mick
M0GWD
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Help with creating ADIF file

Post by G4POP »

Hi Mike,
Did you export the complete log or just part of the log?
73 Terry G4POP
M0GWD
Novice Class

Post by M0GWD »

Hi Terry, good morning

I'm exporting the complete log. As I was logging for 3 x stations all entries were manual including time, frequency and band.
Here's what happens .....

I open the database and my complete log file is shown on screen under Recent QSO.
I go File, Export ADIF (adif export in progress) now shows in red at the top of the screen.
In the Export ADIF window I press Open and browse to my desired folder (Export only standard ADIF field is ticked).
When I've found my desired folder, I enter the file name, in this case G100RSGB, and press Save.
I'm now returned to the Export ADIF window (the path selection is greyed out) and I press the Export ADIF file button.
The WRITE ADIF FILE progress bar fills up very quickly and shows the correct number of items found.
The (adif export in progress) still shows in red at the top of the screen.

That's it. The Export ADIF window just stays on screen and nothing else happens, although it has created an .adi file, which is incomplete.
I have to press the X in the top right-hand corner of the Export ADIF window to close it down, as it's still there after ten minutes?

I hope that you can advise a cure as I need to e-mail the ADIF file to the RSGB.

Thanks Terry

Mick
M0GWD
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Mike,
Send me your database file by email, that's the one that ends in SQLite, in a zip file so that I can test this please.
73 Terry G4POP
M0GWD
Novice Class

Post by M0GWD »

Hello Terry, good morning

I'm just firing up my laptop and then I'll e-mail it across.
Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

Mick
M0GWD
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

OK! for everyones information Mick was using an old version of Log4OM which, if no rig was connected, required the frequency to be inserted manually in a specific way. Latest versions do not have this problem.

He sent me his database this morning and I used the Log4OM Archive manager to 'Verify frequency values' and also to correct the station call sign which was incorrect. Once these issues were corrected I exported an ADIF which then showed the information correctly.

Mick now has the repaired database and also the ADIF so hopefully he is a happy bunny!
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

:mrgreen: i can imagine him bouncing... ;)

New log4om release reports CLEARLY (we hope) the frequency management that is using KHZ / HZ
I hope the new graphic layout is clear and understandable for everyone :)

Daniele
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH