MALWARE ALERT

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
K3GWK
Novice Class

MALWARE ALERT

Post by K3GWK »

Yesterday I installed the latest version of Log4OM, 1.25.0. The new version installed over the version I was using. Took a while but I finally got the Communicator software running, Omnirig working with my radio and tried entering a few contacts. I have not switched to Log4OM yet but I am considering it. I have a copy of my log loaded for experimentation. I really like what I see.

Today I received a MALWARE warning from Windows Defender. Windows Defender removed and quarantined the offending files. When I tried to start Log4OM there was a popup that said that the program file refereed to by the shortcut was missing. Worked fine yesterday! I checked the Log4OM directory and found that most of the "exe" programs were missing.

I tried re-loading and re-installing Log4OM and got several MALWARE alarms from Windows Defender. The MALWAR it is finding is Trojan: Win32/Fethar.B!cl

Is there an issue here? Is this an error that can be bypassed. I really like Log4OM and hope this is just a Windows Defender issue. I can't even install it now. HELP!

Your prompt replay is appreciated. Windows 10 (Version 1511 Build: 10586.318) on an HP Pavilion laptop.

Buzz Kutcher, K3GWK
K3GWK
Novice Class

Re: MALWARE ALERT

Post by K3GWK »

I still have version 1.24 loaded and it works fine.

Buzz Kutcher, K3GWK
ik0pul
Novice Class

Post by ik0pul »

same issue... trojan inside... latest revision... please double check the install file...

I've scanned the setup file and Windows defender identified the trojan: Win32/Fethar.B!cl

please help

\andrea

ps. I've screen shoot to share off line
N4RF
Advanced Class

Post by N4RF »

Same issue here with exact symptoms. Ran Malware Bytes with no detect.
Bob WU6C
ik0pul
Novice Class

Post by ik0pul »

hi...

looking around the web, it seems to be a false positive by Windows defender... but keep monitoring.

hope the development team can clear.

ciao
N4RF
Advanced Class

Post by N4RF »

Could I download version 1.24 and use it until a fix is found for the new version of Log4OM? Short cuts won't work and no .exe files remain in the IW3HMH - Log4OM files.

I am toast here with TN and S. Orkney going QRV.

Bob WU6C
N4RF
Advanced Class

Post by N4RF »

I use two monitors. My left monitor just rotated 90 degrees a moment ago. The left is normal. Could that also be part of the Trojan infection of Log4OM? This is bizarre. All other programs seem to be functioning normally.

Bob WU6C
N4RF
Advanced Class

Post by N4RF »

I just flipped the monitor orientation in display settings from "flipped" to landscape. Now normal. Bob WU6C
N4RF
Advanced Class

Post by N4RF »

I just changed the monitor orientation in the display settings from "flipped" to "landscape." Now normal.
Bob WU6C
k5rhd
New user

Post by k5rhd »

I am in the same boat here, Windows Defender keeps removing the .exe

From Windows Defender:

Category: Trojan

Description: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.

Recommended action: Remove this software immediately.

Items:
file:C:\Program Files (x86)\IW3HMH\Log4OM\LogOMUI.exe

Get more information about this item online.