Favorite Memories

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
WE1X
Novice Class

Favorite Memories

Post by WE1X »

Using v 1.28. I recently created a list of memories under the Utility menu. I cannot get the memories to function (i.e., change transceiver frequency). Running a Kenwood TS-590S. Any suggestions?

Thanks...Harry
WE1X
Novice Class

Re: Favorite Memories

Post by WE1X »

Figured it out....I was using the wrong frequency convention :o . Sorry about that.

Harry
KA4CDN
Old Man

Post by KA4CDN »

I recently tried using the Memory feature. How do I or can I control the Mode for the memory?

For example, I want to have one at 7055 USB/CW. I put my rig to that freq and mode and "Add new Freq". When I click on the memory created to recall it, the mode on my rig switches to USB only (not CW). (Mode under [QSO Info (F1)] shows the rig's mode as CW correctly at the time I add the new memory).

Using OmniRig. Rig is FT450. Cluster clicks work (freq and mode get set as indicated by the spot report).

Thanks and 73,
Mike / KA4CDN
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

The memory only saves the frequency not the mode.

The mode is derived from the band plan for that band so saving a frequency in the SSB part of the band will always result in the mode being USB/LSB

Perhaps propose a mode selection for frequency memories that overrides the band plan in the 'Feature suggestions' thread on this forum and we will see what support that gets from other users.
73 Terry G4POP
KA4CDN
Old Man

Post by KA4CDN »

QSL. TU and will do.
Mike
KA4CDN
Old Man

Post by KA4CDN »

Terry,
Which band plan files do I edit? I tried bandplan_dxcc291.xml but that didn't work? I don't see anything in the documentation regarding band plans.
Mike
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

If your country is set to be USA in the program settings / station settings, the loaded file is the one marked with 291, that is a "special" file for USA with local modifications to the bandplan.

If you plan to edit the file just add a _user.xml in order to avoid having the file overwrited by next release. Log4OM prioritize the _user.xml file for settings files.

Search for "bandplan modification" in the forum, it's plenty of samples.
Program log will show, just after start, the loaded bandplan.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
KA4CDN
Old Man

Post by KA4CDN »

For some reason modifying bandplan_dxcc291.xml did not work but making the same edit to bandplan_r2_user.xml did work. I am setup with country USA (and IARU = 2).

On a related note (maybe); setting <EmissionType>DIGITAL</EmissionType> does not put my rig into DATA mode, only the proper sideband (eg, switches frmo CW to USB). Clicking on a cluster spot does work (changes rig mode to USB+Data for example). Not a big deal but seems as though it should work.

Thanks guys!
KA4CDN
Old Man

Post by KA4CDN »

re my related note - I was wrong, double clicking a Digital spot does not put my rig into DATA mode so there is not an inconsistency there.