KH1/KH7Z shows as Hawaii

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
sp9wpn
Advanced Class

Re: KH1/KH7Z shows as Hawaii

Post by sp9wpn »

/LH is a recognised prefix and sometimes suffix for Norway, using it for Lighthouse is not internationally recognised.
Actually only prefixes allowed in Norway for CEPT-complaint visitors are LA/ or JW/ , see https://eng.nkom.no/leisure/radio-amate ... -to-norway.

Suffixes are not regulated internationally to my knowledge, even /P usage and definition differ from country to country.
If we dissable /LH the next time someone signs for example F6ABD/LH it would record France as the country and you would not like that either!
Maybe he will realise he had used illegal callsign when having number of QSLs rejected and corrects himself? As I said - if we promote bad practices, they became more common...

Ask the Lighthouse operators to use only country, mobile or portable suffixes and your issue will be resolved
Could you please do it for me? And also all the people putting on the cluster with /LH... Thanks :D

Using /L or /LH suffix is probably legit in many countries (while bizzare). Using /LH while working under CEPT in Norway is just purely illegal.

73!
Wojciech