Recovering after computer crash

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
sailor

Recovering after computer crash

Post by sailor »

My HDD crashed and I lost the SQL logbook file. Is it possible to export my log from LOTW or HRDLOG and use it to rebuild my Log4OM log?

Darcy
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Recovering after computer crash

Post by G4POP »

dont you have a backup anywhere?
73 Terry G4POP
sailor

Post by sailor »

I thought so, but obviously not. Thanks though. Do actually have a suggestion?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

sailor wrote: 26 Oct 2019, 22:07 Do actually have a suggestion?
I have to ask questions in order to guide you it was not to waste your time !

So now I know you have no backup I reccomend you download an ADIF file from whichever on line logbook you consider to be the most complete and import it into a new logbook in Log4om

You might consider backing up to a cloud storage like Google Drive, this is also a good place to store the main logbook sqlite file because then it can always be retrieved in the event of a failure.
73 Terry G4POP
sailor

Post by sailor »

Hi Terry,

I'm sorry that I was rude...I was a little upset, as I had planned and believed I did have my data stored on both a separate drive and on a cloud storage. Most items I did, but I think the default setup stores the DB file somewhere I didn't expect. I had my logged set to sync with HRDLOG but I can't figure out how to download or export the log from there. I will have to contact their support.

Thanks.
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Have you checked C://User/yourusername/appdata/roaming/LogOM/backup ?

This is the original backup path if you not set a second one. There you´ll find latest ADIF files ... ;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.