Search in topics & SCL

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
pa2kw
Advanced Class

Search in topics & SCL

Post by pa2kw »

Hello,

For some reason I just don't understand the search engine.
What ever I do, I always get the message : the following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: scl list update
After the : it was the search text of course.
I didn't want to bother the list again about this topic, because it has been explained several times (seen before).

So let's assume I want to see the posts about "updating the SCL list". What would be a good search string to enter ?

Oh yeah, I did RTFM ..... but in the latest manual the K7 website is still explained (If I'm right, he passed away last year).

Yep, I use clublog. Updated Clublog, country database etc. which can be checked in the menu Help / About and they show Updated 28/10/2019.
I do not get error messages, just an acknowledge that the update succeeded.
Still the 5K0K is displayed as unknown

73's, Evert PA2KW
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Search in topics & SCL

Post by G4POP »

Yes I agree the search engine on the forum is a real pain but nothing I can do about it, you just need to experiment with words until you get a result. I have also heard that the forum works better with some browsers more than others!

We added 5K0K to the country file some time ago, try updating it again
73 Terry G4POP
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Search in topics & SCL

Post by NN7D »

I have had good luck using Google Search instead. Using the keywords - Log4OM and the issue terms. Using your search as an example, I would enter "Log4OM scl list update". The results will likely be from this forum, and in this example, several links to this forum were returned. Google has perfected the search engine - the rest are years behind.

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA