Log4OM to LOTW Setup

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
WA2RNA
Novice Class

Log4OM to LOTW Setup

Post by WA2RNA »

I need a better understanding of how the fields need to be populated in the external logs section for LOTW Settings. Under Temporary path the example on pg 17 of the manual shows c:\Users\Terry\AppData\Roaming\LogOM\LOTW. In the LogOM dir I have a lotw.txt file. Is this the correct one? For the Executable path the example is C:\Program Files\TrustedQSL\tqsl.exe whereas mine is under Program Files (x86)...I assume that is correct for my Windows 10 machine. Any help appreciated....tnx and 73's Bob
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Log4OM to LOTW Setup

Post by G4POP »

WA2RNA wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 21:25 Under Temporary path the example on pg 17 of the manual shows c:\Users\Terry\AppData\Roaming\LogOM\LOTW. In the LogOM dir I have a lotw.txt file.

Make a folder LOTW in your c:\Users\.........\AppData\Roaming\LogOM folder and set the path to save to that folder
Is this the correct one? For the Executable path the example is C:\Program Files\TrustedQSL\tqsl.exe whereas mine is under Program Files (x86)...I assume that is correct for my Windows 10 machine.
Yes this is because the screen shot in the user guide was taken some years ago on an XP machine, the correct path for Win 10 is the Programs (x86)/TQSL/ folder or wherever you have got Tqsl installed
73 Terry G4POP
WA2RNA
Novice Class

Post by WA2RNA »

Thanks Terry...that was helpful. But having issues trying to upload to LOTW. Got Log4OM set to upload upon closing. Window pops up (Log4OM Upload LOTW). My User ID, Password, Station Location (Home as set in TSQL) and Private sign pass are correct. When I hit upload TSQL opens with a password window wanting the password I created when I installed the certificate. After entering it fails indicating "Password error". I believe this is the same password as the "Private sign pass" which I have verified several times using the check box next to "Private sign pass". What am I missing?
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Please check Settings/Options/External Logs .....

LotW.png
LotW.png (10.92 KiB) Viewed 6743 times

You can set 2 passwords in the LotW settings. The green marked one is the must have password
and it contains the login password u are using for the login to the LotW page.

The red marked is the private pass you have set (if you do so) when you received the certificate
from the LotW and you have implemented it to the TQSL Software. TQSL asks you will set one
or not. If you don´t have set one this field can be stay empty.

If you have set a private pass it has to match exactly (e.g. uppercase or lowercase letters).
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
WA2RNA
Novice Class

Post by WA2RNA »

Still having problems. My regular LOTW password is correct because I'm able to login to the LOTW website. When I exit Log4OM the " Log4OM Upload LOTW" window pops up. In that window if you check the box next to " Private sign pass" it displays the Private sign password which is correct.I get the following errors:
Info: ADIF File created successfully
INFO: TQSL Version 2.4.7
Executing TQSL with upload
Messages from LOTW:
TQSL Version 2.4.7 [v2.4.7]
Signing using Callsign WA2RNA, DXCC Enity United States of America
Password error
Password error
Error: Signing aborted due to errors
Error C:\Users\Amateur Radio WA2RNA\AppData\Roaming\LogOM\LOTW\2019115164447.adi: Operator aborted operation on Line 11
Final Status: TQSLLib Error (5)
An error occured in tqsllib (probably a bad filename)
Operation Completed
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

The error is password error

What is your windows OS?
73 Terry G4POP
WA2RNA
Novice Class

Post by WA2RNA »

Windows 10
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Put log4om into trace mode from help menu

Try another upload

Email me the log file (help/show log)
73 Terry G4POP
WA2RNA
Novice Class

Post by WA2RNA »

Will return home in about 3hrs...will try procedure then...