New PC - Database issue

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
n5if
Advanced Class

New PC - Database issue

Post by n5if »

I've got a new PC in the shack - and am attempting to duplicate the info from the existing PC to the new one.

I thought I had it as all of my ADI info as well as 99% of the SETUP info has transferred per the manual instructions - BUT - I've done something wrong in pointing the new PC to where my SQLite file is located.

I use Dropbox to have multiple PCs in sync in the shack - they should all be pointed to :

C:\Users\Greg\Dropbox\Log4OM Logs\k9igremote1.SQLite

Somehow on the new PC, I've got it pointing to a local desktop folder and OneDrive that I was using for transfer of files - the new PC looks like this:

C:\Users\greg\OneDrive\Desktop\XFER\k9igremote1.SQLite

No clue how that happened. The question is; can I go somewhere in the SETTINGS and manually CORRECT this or do I need to copy a file from the OLD PC and paste it in the new PC? The new PC works but when the log is updated on other PCs - the log on the new PC is not updated due to it looking in the wrong spot.

Thanks
Greg
K9IG
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: New PC - Database issue

Post by G4POP »

File/Open Database then navigate to the k9igremote1.SQLite file in your Dropbox and click Open
73 Terry G4POP
n5if
Advanced Class

Re: New PC - Database issue

Post by n5if »

Hi Terry - Yes - that was the error - I had pointed it to a copy of the DB - not the working DB. I pointed it in the correct direction and all is well and updating as expected.
Thanks
Greg