ADIF export adds comma

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
KG6NRV
Novice Class

ADIF export adds comma

Post by KG6NRV »

First time I used my log for POTA activity. I added a dozen QSOs, added My_Sig_Info for POTA and exported to ADIF. All good, except my file was rejected. For some reason the mode field had a trailing comma "CW," instead of "CW"

How can I fix this?
Bill / KG6NRV
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: ADIF export adds comma

Post by G4POP »

KG6NRV wrote: 08 Oct 2020, 17:08 First time I used my log for POTA activity. I added a dozen QSOs, added My_Sig_Info for POTA and exported to ADIF. All good, except my file was rejected. For some reason the mode field had a trailing comma "CW," instead of "CW"

How can I fix this?
How did you add the QSO'S Lazy Log, manual input, import adif or what?
73 Terry G4POP
KG6NRV
Novice Class

Post by KG6NRV »

Hi Terry, I manually input by powering on and tuning the radio to the appropriate frequency and keying in all the QSOs. My IC-7300 was in CW mode at the time.
Bill / KG6NRV
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

KG6NRV wrote: 08 Oct 2020, 17:24 Hi Terry, I manually input by powering on and tuning the radio to the appropriate frequency and keying in all the QSOs. My IC-7300 was in CW mode at the time.
Bill,
Please email me a support request

You are the first user to get this using manual input, all others were via UDP so you might be able to help us find this bug
73 Terry G4POP
KG6NRV
Novice Class

Post by KG6NRV »

Happy to help find the bug. I've created the support request file, but I don't have your email info. You can reach me at billalpert@gmail.com

Thank you! 73 de Bill Alpert/ KG6NRV
Bill / KG6NRV
KG6NRV
Novice Class

Post by KG6NRV »

Terry, wasn't aware a new version is out. I updated the program and the error appears to have cleared. Problem solved, I think. Thanks.
Bill / KG6NRV
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Bill

What version were you using?
73 Terry G4POP
KG6NRV
Novice Class

Post by KG6NRV »

Not really sure which version it was, though I'm guessing it was the most recent one. I generally update when I see the "new version" dialog on program startup.

It turns out that the update solved another problem. I was having an issue uploading the 9 manually entered QSOs to LOTW with a mode and date error shown at the end of the attempt. By updating, the problem disappeared and my upload went without issue.
Bill / KG6NRV
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Help/About shows you the actual version. But think you´re using a V2 and not a V1 where you posted it.
V1 don´t have a reminder for new version i beleave. Long time ago i used it, HI.
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.