in the dark suddenly

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
DK4LK
Novice Class

in the dark suddenly

Post by DK4LK »

Hi,

I've been using log4om since long (the former one, not the new). It is THE strong glue between wsjt/x (or fldigi) and the manifold of log/qsl systems (qrz, lotw hrdlog, eqsl, ...), all automatic. Only lotw required to open "qsl managment" window to upload qso. In addition the hardware & audio setups are a bit specific to say.

Last qso 2 days ago ... just wanted to open log4om today -> no window opened. Click again - error message:
"Application is already running. Continue ?
<newline> LogOMUI started ....
<newline> LogOMUI started ..."
as said - no user window appearing.

Applied usual WIN10 polish to the LogOMOUI.exe - run as administrator, compatability win8/win7 etc, no success to get the ui up'n running.

ps: yes, I examined the "new" kit and was unable to import any setting of the old version (rig, logs, tcp connections to importers and exporters ... etc.).

Any advice to either get the old ui up'n running or import all these setting (cumbersome aggregated over a log time). I don't even have screendumps to lookup the feeds, I have subcribed to.

73's Donald
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: in the dark suddenly

Post by G4POP »

Version 2 configuration is different to version 1 and there is no way to import the v1 settings.

Hopefully you have backup files of your logbook if you set auto backup and these ADIF files can be imported into V2.

Did you try an uninstall and reinstall of the latest version 1 (V 1.41)?
73 Terry G4POP
DK4LK
Novice Class

Re: in the dark suddenly / missing downwards compatibility of V2 -> NOGO

Post by DK4LK »

Hi Terry, thanks for comment.

Logbooks are available, just need to adif export qrz.com or lotw ...

The lost configuration of settings and feeds (app keys, passwords, ip addresses, ports, etc.) are the painpoint.

If these cannot be 'transferred' to the new stack, maybe by a separate import tool, this software has missed the most important requirement of sw development, i.e. downwards compatability, sorry.

I'll observe other recommendations for a solution to migrate to V2, if none ... end of story, other tools are around.

PS: thanks for the advice to re-install V1, will try this firsthand and report result.

73s and merry x-mas - Donald / DK4LK
DK4LK
Novice Class

Post by DK4LK »

Thanks Terry, your advice helped very much, GUI is back again and no settings were lost.

Procedure: download 1.41.0.0 kit, reboot required to get rid of the zombie processes (installer complained), then installation script is executing without error.
At starting after installation an error message appeared (... "elevation required" ...) one time, but thereafter app is starting without any complaint.
This gives time to note all the settings of version 1 and try to configure version 2.

Thanks again, 73s - Donald
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

In V1 config there is a button to print the config which saves a pdf of all settings in config

Also make an ADIF export in adif 3>>>> format to import directly into V2

See quick start guide manual and YouTube tutorial for V2
73 Terry G4POP