QSL Labels - time format

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
N9BBE
Advanced Class

QSL Labels - time format

Post by N9BBE »

I have been playing with the label tool. I've been able to tweak the layout to fit the labels I have quite well. I did notice that although the time is printed is UTC (I think) it is in 12hr format. Can this be changed to 24hr format? Maybe a switch in the label printing tool would work for everyone?...

Also I'd like to take the opportunity to thank the guys (Danielle, Terry and the team) for the forum. I prefer a forum over an email reflector.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: QSL Labels - time format

Post by G4POP »

N9BBE wrote:I have been playing with the label tool. I've been able to tweak the layout to fit the labels I have quite well. I did notice that although the time is printed is UTC (I think) it is in 12hr format. Can this be changed to 24hr format? Maybe a switch in the label printing tool would work for everyone?...

Also I'd like to take the opportunity to thank the guys (Danielle, Terry and the team) for the forum. I prefer a forum over an email reflector.
Hi and congratulations on being the first user to post here!

The next release will have this resolved as one of our Alpha testers flagged this a few weeks ago.

You can however achieve a semi fix by adjusting your date and clock settings in Windows, if I recall the time should be selected without the 't' in the set up format, this removes the AM and PM suffix which helps a bit!

HNY Terry G4POP
73 Terry G4POP
N9BBE
Advanced Class

Post by N9BBE »

FB Terry, thanks. Not a big deal for me as I don't QSL to often so I can wait for the update but wanted to make sure I didn't miss something. As always thanks for your help.
SV2YC
Novice Class

Post by SV2YC »

Hi to all

and congratulations for the very fine Log4om, and for the forum.

As an old man, i have yet a few thousands old type labels from the Hyperlog 4.0 useful for printing with old dot matrix printers (3 on the desktop).

So i am wondering if the Logbook for an old man can export the labels data in an .txt file without any particular format. Just the data in a single row. The editor can fix the rest. Of course any kind of user format will be considered as a gift.

Thanks for your time

73, Dimitri SV2YC
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi Dimitri,

Log4Om allow you to EXPORT a CSV file (text file separated by a comma or another char of your choice) with fields of your choice in the order you like more. This file is TXT, and can also be loaded in Excel for further editing.

Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
SV2YC
Novice Class

Post by SV2YC »

Hi Daniele

thank you very much for the information. I am in the first steps looking around in the program and i didn't noticed that.

The .csv will solve my problem and it is a very helpful functionality.

Congratulations for the Log4om, is the only program that uses the advantages of the data base that is running under the ClubLog. I am the Zones Manager of the team and there is lot of work done to have a fully updated data base both for DXCC and for the CQ Zone of the DX calls.

73 Dimitri
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Fantastic work with Clublog Dimitri it is a great asset to the ham community.

73 Terry G4POP
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

The Clublog database is really useful and complete, I wish to say a big thanks for your work!.

I'm also using the Zone exception database for callsigns, very useful information indeed!

Our plans is to have zero rejections (corrections) from Clublog when uploading information, so we're completely open to suggestions on how to use this information in the best way.

Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
N9BBE
Advanced Class

Post by N9BBE »

Daniele and/or Terry,

Thanks for ver. 1.11.5, downloaded and installed it last night. I didn't have much time to play but what I saw looks good. I did want to follow up on the time format that prints on the labels. Did that get changed to 24hr format?

Also, I have a Avery label format that I got to work pretty good. Do you guys want me to send it so it can be included in future releases? If so let me know where to send it.

Thanks again

Jeff - N9BBE
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Hi Jeff,
Yes the time should be in the correct format but please ensure that Widows international settings for date and time are also correct.

Yes please email either Daniele or me with the label format that you have derived, make sure that you let us have the Avery reference.

You will notice there is now an Avery L7160 format included with the software and we will do the same with your one in future releases.

73 Terry G4POP