Omnirig CAT trouble, Mode=changing, Freq=not changing

Yes, sometimes it happens... Please report any bugs here
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Omnirig CAT trouble, Mode=changing, Freq=not changing

Post by NN7D »

Terry,

I am not using the USB port on the 7600, I am using the remote jack via a CI-V router. But same thing happens if I connect direct from the computer to the 7600 USB port with a USB cable.

Next time it happens I will see if I can capture some logs.

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

I used a ProIII from the day Log4OM was born and changed to a 7600 some months ago and have never experienced this problem so a trace log file would be interesting
73 Terry G4POP
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Terry,

Also, if it were an issue with the USB driver or USB port on the 7600, you would expect all apps using OmniRig would also misbehave, but that is not the case. Band Master and HamPort continue to be able to control the rig frequency via OmniRig when Log4OM will not.

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

W7DRM wrote:Terry,

Also, if it were an issue with the USB driver or USB port on the 7600, you would expect all apps using OmniRig would also misbehave, but that is not the case. Band Master and HamPort continue to be able to control the rig frequency via OmniRig when Log4OM will not.

Doug - W7DRM
Doug

Have you tried a different com port on the computer?

Are you using a USB hub?

What is the Omnirig Polling rate set to?
73 Terry G4POP
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Hi Terry,

Yes, have tried another com port, same behavior. I am not using a hub. OmniRig Polling rate is set to 200 ms. I have tried 100, to 1000, with not difference in this issue.

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
KD0SGX
Advanced Class

Post by KD0SGX »

OK here is what I know for sure. This is not Tranciever specific. It is also not related to USB. It stops working when you enter the settings menu. It also stops working when you hit the SAVE icons.

To fix simply just click the Headphones Icon and the OK button. Then you should be working again. I left the rig on and connected for hours today and it worked fine when I got back. But the issues with still exist when going to settings, menu or saving.

Mike
KD0SGX Minnesota, USA-MIKE
KD0SGX
Advanced Class

Post by KD0SGX »

KD0SGX Minnesota, USA-MIKE
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

KD0SGX wrote:OK here is what I know for sure. This is not Tranciever specific. It is also not related to USB. It stops working when you enter the settings menu. It also stops working when you hit the SAVE icons.

To fix simply just click the Headphones Icon and the OK button. Then you should be working again. I left the rig on and connected for hours today and it worked fine when I got back. But the issues with still exist when going to settings, menu or saving.

Mike
Mike, you are correct. I had not noticed that, but opening and closing the Settings window will cause the Omnirig issue - mode change, but no freq change. But what Save icon are you referring to? The one in the Settings window?

But it also seems to fail with no interaction after a period of time.

Also, what I have found for a cure is to open the OmniRig window, from there you can click on the X to close the window, the OK button or the Cancel button - all will get CAT working again for Freq and mode.

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
IU0DZR
Novice Class

Post by IU0DZR »

Hello people. Since a couple months I'm having this problem with my FT-450D. I tried all. Reinstalling omnirig and updating log4om, but nothing changes. I still have only mode changing on my radio but no frequency anymore (worked since january and suddenly stopped). I also open and close omnirig as some of you described as a solution but didn't solve for me.

What can I do? I'm quite desperate!

Thank you in advance!
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

IU0DZR wrote:Hello people. Since a couple months I'm having this problem with my FT-450D. I tried all. Reinstalling omnirig and updating log4om, but nothing changes. I still have only mode changing on my radio but no frequency anymore (worked since january and suddenly stopped). I also open and close omnirig as some of you described as a solution but didn't solve for me.

What can I do? I'm quite desperate!

Thank you in advance!
Ensure that you have the latest version of Omnirig and Log4OM Version 1.25 which should have resolved this issue
73 Terry G4POP