CQ and ITU Zone data sometimes wrong

Yes, sometimes it happens... Please report any bugs here
DG2YCB
Novice Class

CQ and ITU Zone data sometimes wrong

Post by DG2YCB »

Frankly, I am rather disappointed about Log4OM. Main reason I am using it is to get accurate data about CQ and ITU zones for my QSO data imported where these information are missing, but where QRA locator information is very accurate. During import, correction of DXCC names seems to work nice. But the CQ zones were not correctly found. Log4OM detected 35 instead of 40 worked (according to ClubLog, and SH5). The same for ITU zones. 49 detected instead of 63 worked (according to SH5). Very frustrating!

Why are ClubLog and SH5 able to detect the CQ zones correctly (coming from the same adif raw data file), and SH is even able to detect the ITU zones correctly, but Log4OM is not able to do so?
After a deeper look to me it seems that for analysis Log4OM is only using the principal prefixes and not the troe (and accurate) QRA Locators. Means, that CQZ data generated by Log4OM is at least partly wrong, and likely ITUZ data is nothing more than house numbers.Very frustrating...

Is there any improvement planned for this issue?

73 de Uwe, DG2YCB
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: CQ and ITU Zone data sometimes wrong

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi, Clublog is usually more precise as it's using his internal database of exceptions provided by thousand of user submissions. Log4OM is using that but not during import as it's time expensive. You should perform Qso massive update from qso management section to collect data from external sources. This will use exceptions from Clublog and external sources if configured. On v2 we're always using Clublog internal database for that, at the cost of a one time import time more than doubled
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
DG2YCB
Novice Class

Post by DG2YCB »

Hi Daniele, how exactly do I have do do that? Just tried it with UA0SR via "QSO Archive" and then clicked on "Update info". Station data updated, but data is still wrong. It now shows CQZ=17, ITUZ=20. ClubLog directly shows for my QSO with UA0SR CQZ=18. And QRZCQ gives CQZ=18, ITUZ=32 which looks pretty accurate. So, again: Log4OM data is not correct!
What am I doing wrong?
73 de Uwe, DG2YCB
DG2YCB
Novice Class

Post by DG2YCB »

Hi Daniele,

Meanwhile I managed to import CQ and ITU zone data from SH5 to my raw data log file (outside of Log4OM). These data look quite accurate. So, for me the current issue seems to be fixed.

Nonetheless, would be really great if one day also Log4OM show correct data (and also HRDLog, where there is the same issue with incorrect CQ and ITU zone data).

73 de Uwe, DG2YCB