Using Omnirig with Log4OM/BandMaster and HB9HQX

Regarding connecting to external program's.
wb9kpt
Advanced Class

Using Omnirig with Log4OM/BandMaster and HB9HQX

Post by wb9kpt »

Hi, does anyone have this combo working? I have the latest version of Omnirig and IC-7600v2 ini. I'm also using VSPE - more on that later.

Log4OM and BandMaster work fine with Omnirig. However, if I then try to add HB9HQX using Omnirig nothing happens - the HB9HQX program times out and gives up. There is a cryptic note in the HB9HQX First Steps document: "OmniRig must be installed and configured but not running. "

If I start HB9HQX first and select Omnirig, HB9HQX works, but if I then start Log4OM/Bandmaster, I get the Omnirig configuration screen (twice) and nothing happens. No frequency display on Log4OM and BandMaster reports: "Omni-Rig is not installed".

I am able to run everything at once using DXLabs CI-V Commander (using VSPE) to control HB9HQX, but I would like to simplify the software environment...

Bill - WB9KPT
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Using Omnirig with Log4OM/BandMaster and HB9HQX

Post by G4POP »

Not all programs are designed to multithred when using Omnirig like Bandmaster, CW Skimmer, DX Atlas and Log4OM, clearly HB9HQX cannot and this is causing a port conflict.

You will need to continue using a VSP manager to be able to run these programs simultaneously
73 Terry G4POP
wb9kpt
Advanced Class

Post by wb9kpt »

Thanks Terry, appreciate the quick response.
HB9BRJ
Old Man

Post by HB9BRJ »

I'm using JT65 HB9HQX and Log4OM with my K3 and OmniRig without any issues.
Don't know BandMaster, but maybe I should take a look and add it to the "family".

73, Markus HB9BRJ
wb9kpt
Advanced Class

Post by wb9kpt »

Hi Terry, I found a good solution... now I'm curious why this works.

If I start HB9HQX using the "External software start" feature everything comes up fine. If I try and start it (or any other OmniRig client, such as the OmniRig Client.exe application) after Log4OM is up and fully running - it fails. Seems like Log4OM is "blocking" OmniRig after its fully up and running?

Bill - WB9KPT
wb9kpt
Advanced Class

Post by wb9kpt »

Thank you to Doug W7DRM for suggesting that I start all applications as an Administrator. Now everything works fine, no matter what order I start things. Thank you Windows 10!

Bill - WB9KPT