Integrating DM780

Regarding connecting to external program's.
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Integrating DM780

Post by IW3HMH »

There is a way to have Log4OM and DM780 (Swiss made version) working all together, where log4om reads frequencies and other informations from Omnirig with a custom HRD.ini rig type definition to be used to drive Ham radio Deluxe 3rd party serial port via Omni-Rig.

IW1AWH wrote a great document on how to do that, that worth a read:
http://iw1awh.jimdo.com/doc/
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
k2cmh
Novice Class

Re: Integrating DM780

Post by k2cmh »

I am using the latest version (1.16) and and trying to get DM780 to talk to Log4OM. I read your document, however, my screen is missing the "Inbound connections for log" section which has the "UDP Connection (DM780)" check box, therefore I see no way to enable this integration following the instructions in the document. Is there a new way of doing this?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Michael,
You need to click on the actual word "Inbound" for the window to open, it is not a fly out like the "FLDigi Interface" selection.

Don't forget that the communicator must be stopped before you can change the inbound settings and then restarted afterwards
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (35.84 KiB) Viewed 12316 times
73 Terry G4POP
k2cmh
Novice Class

Post by k2cmh »

Thank you for the quick reply, that did the trick. May I suggest that that functionality be exposed as another pop-out menu? The current behavior is very unintuitive and almost impossible to discover without outside guidance.
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Agree
k2cmh
Novice Class

Post by k2cmh »

Thank you for the reply. You have a fantastic program! One thing that impressed me the most if the quality of the User's Manual, something that most programs are lacking. Keep up the good work!
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Full merits and credits for the user manual goes to Terry G4POP, that is providing the best "customer service" i can imagine for Log4OM.
Data quality and our best lookups are provided also with the work of other team members, mainly K7PT Chuck, that is mantaining our Special Callsigns file and the country file with the most up-to-date rules for callsign recognization.
The last, but not least, is our users network, that suggests, tests and help us make the toy as you can see today :D

I made the software, but everything else is made by the team that works behind the scenes with me.
Without this teamwork we're only another software in the list.

Daniele
k2cmh
Novice Class

Post by k2cmh »

In that case, you have a great team and a great piece of software!
oz0jx
New user

Post by oz0jx »

hi there

i intergreted dm780 with log4om, just want to know if there is a way to do it without have hrd and the log running, is it possible to work with only dm780 and log4om open?

reguards soren / oz0jx
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Yes this is detailed in our user guide and of course we have full integration with Fldigi
73 Terry G4POP