Omnirig CAT trouble, Mode=changing, Freq=not changing

Yes, sometimes it happens... Please report any bugs here
IU0DZR
Novice Class

Re: Omnirig CAT trouble, Mode=changing, Freq=not changing

Post by IU0DZR »

I have both software up do date. Also tried to make clean reinstall but nothing changes.. :(
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Try unchecking 'CAT will switch to digital' in the Option/CAT & Cluster tab and ensure thet all other CAT boxes are checked
73 Terry G4POP
IU0DZR
Novice Class

Post by IU0DZR »

I tried also this but didn't work. Also tried to reinstall cat drivers or changing port number. No result for me.. :(
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

IU0DZR wrote:I tried also this but didn't work. Also tried to reinstall cat drivers or changing port number. No result for me.. :(
What connection on the radio are you using and what interface cable between the radio and the computer

This has to be something local to your set up somewhere, did you install Log4OM as an administrator by right clicking on the install .exe and selecting 'Run as administrator'
73 Terry G4POP
IU0DZR
Novice Class

Post by IU0DZR »

It's a CAT-->USB cable. Worked some months ago.. I don't think the cable is damaged. Anyway, I use the portable version of Log4Om (i always update copying and pasting newer version files into the directory, excluding obviously the config folder).
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

IU0DZR wrote:It's a CAT-->USB cable. Worked some months ago.. I don't think the cable is damaged. Anyway, I use the portable version of Log4Om (i always update copying and pasting newer version files into the directory, excluding obviously the config folder).

Try the following:

1. Try another com port on the computer - remember to change the com port number in Omnirig
2. Try another CAT software with the same radio, cable and com port
3. Try another USB cable
4. Try another radio with the same computer and software
5. Do a factory reset of the radio
73 Terry G4POP
IU0DZR
Novice Class

Post by IU0DZR »

Thank you so much! Factory reset worked! :D
N4RF
Advanced Class

Post by N4RF »

Since replacing my PW-1 with an Expert amplifier, I eliminated the K9JM CI-V router. The CI-V collision threat no longer exists apparently.

My SteppIR and amplifier track the 7610 when I change frequency, but I lost the frequency read out on my logging program, WSJT-X, N1MM, BandMaster, etc.

I have a USB cable from the 7610 USB1 to my computer. I get the tones when I remove and replace the USB cable.

Device manager shows COM10 and COM11 are both Silicon LabsCP210x USB to UART bridge.

OmniRig is set to 9600 baud, but I can't seem to get a COM port to provide frequency information to the various programs. I have set OmniRig to COM10 and COM11, but no frequency tracking. I downloaded the USB driver (again) from the Icom website.

The only other COM ports in device manager are COM5 to WinKeyer, COM12 to the RigBlaster.

The CAT light at the bottom left is red.

It seems that I am missing something simple. Obviously I am a bit of a computer LID.

Bad timing with the CW contest this weekend, hi.

Any ithoughts? Thanks...

Bob N4RF
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

According to a friend of mine, who has just purchased an Expert amp, you cannot use the CAT control remote because the Expert uses it, an Icom CI-V interface is essential.

The USB port on the Icom radio is in series with the CAT remote socket and cannot be used for CAT when the Expert is using the remote socket for band data due to data conflicts.

I cannot check this myself as I dont have an expert Amp and my Elecraft amp has a CAT feed through, but my friend generally knows what he is talking about so I would trust his judgement.

Check out the Expert manual it specifically states you need an Icom Ci-V to use CAT and band data at the same time.
73 Terry G4POP