Audible alert

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
K7NEW
New user

Audible alert

Post by K7NEW »

Hi,

I'm just getting started with Log4OM. I'm very impressed with its capabilities and stability.

I'm a SOTA chaser. With the death of Eric KU6J, his SOTA Spot Monitor program is no longer maintained and it doesn't work anymore. I'm thinking that if the Log4OM Alerts could make a sound, they would make a good replacement for the SOTA Spot Monitor. Then I could leave Log4OM running in the "shack", with the volume turned up, and I would hear the sound from other parts of the house and come running in.

Thanks for Log4OM!

--Mark K7NEW
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Audible alert

Post by G4POP »

K7NEW wrote:Hi,

I'm just getting started with Log4OM. I'm very impressed with its capabilities and stability.

I'm a SOTA chaser. With the death of Eric KU6J, his SOTA Spot Monitor program is no longer maintained and it doesn't work anymore. I'm thinking that if the Log4OM Alerts could make a sound, they would make a good replacement for the SOTA Spot Monitor. Then I could leave Log4OM running in the "shack", with the volume turned up, and I would hear the sound from other parts of the house and come running in.

Thanks for Log4OM!

--Mark K7NEW
So use the SOTA cluster elgur.dtdns.net:7300 from the Log4OM cluster

Make your own Log4OM alert and use Growl for the audible alarm when spots appear that match your alert!
73 Terry G4POP
yo3ipr
Advanced Class

Re: Audible alert

Post by yo3ipr »

Hi Terry / Danielle

I have been using the LOG4OM alerts for a long time. I don't have the commuicator running as I am not using any external alerts or other functions that need it, only the LOG4OM pop-up alerts. It seems odd that one needs to use growl to get an audible alert to go along with the pop-up, is there no other way to do this? If not, I suggest this as a future enhancement. P.S. I looked in Windows 10 control panel - sounds - but I can't see how I could assign a sound to a pop up window.

Thanks
Tony YO3IPR