How to create an ADIF file for export

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
W5KAP
Novice Class

How to create an ADIF file for export

Post by W5KAP »

I'm sure this is a dumb question but I can't seem to find an answer in the manual. I am trying to export my log into an ADIF File so I can upload to Club Log, EQsl, and LOTW. I go to File, Export ADIF. Select "Export only standard ADIF Fields" At the top of my logger I see ADIF Export in progress but it's been like this for several minutes now. I'm getting tired of hand poking QSL requests for confirmation. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. Years ago I used DX4WIN and was able to easily create the ADIF File I needed. What the heck am I missing or doing incorrectly?? Thanks in advance for your help.

73 de Kenn W5KAP
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: How to create an ADIF file for export

Post by KI5IO »

Kenn,

Read in the Users Guide and check out the YouTube videos about using the QSL Manager tool built into Log4OM.
Yes, you can do the laborious way of creating an ADIF, but it is far simpler to use the tools for uploading to eQSL, LOTW, HRDlog, Clublog etc..
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi Kenn, did the process hangs somewhere or the scroll bar didn't reach the end?
can you check if the file has been correctly created?
any error appears during the process? ADIF export is part of the core engine of Log4OM, as it's the primary backup system for the application
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
W5KAP
Novice Class

Post by W5KAP »

KI5IO wrote: 24 Dec 2019, 00:39 Kenn,

Read in the Users Guide and check out the YouTube videos about using the QSL Manager tool built into Log4OM.
Yes, you can do the laborious way of creating an ADIF, but it is far simpler to use the tools for uploading to eQSL, LOTW, HRDlog, Clublog etc..
Thanks. I know I need to do that so I will go over to the page and see if I can set it u. But I'd also like to have an ADIF file sitting on my desktop so I can out it quickly and easily on a USB Stick

73 and thanks

Kenn W5KAP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

W5KAP wrote: 24 Dec 2019, 17:17
KI5IO wrote: 24 Dec 2019, 00:39 Kenn,

Thanks. I know I need to do that so I will go over to the page and see if I can set it u. But I'd also like to have an ADIF file sitting on my desktop so I can out it quickly and easily on a USB Stick

73 and thanks

Kenn W5KAP
Why not use the built in backup facility to automatically save your settings and an ADIF to two different locations, one of which could be a USB stick?

However to create a complete ADIF of your log just go to File/Export ADIF or to select some QSO's and export just those use the QSO manager as per the user guide or YouTube tutorials
73 Terry G4POP
W5KAP
Novice Class

Post by W5KAP »

Terry, thank you for your reply. I go and get the page that says to export ADIF File. It starts because I see the red prompt at the top that says ADIF Export in Progress. It just sits there. Now even though I've been a Ham for over 40 years I probably only have a few thousand QSO's. I have waited and waited but it never seems to finish. The reason I want to get a complete log is because I want to balance Club Log, QRZ and LoTW by loading the same full ADIF file to each so I am at the same point on each service. I now have Log4OM sending my Q's to Club Log and Eqsl. I'm still trying to figure out LoTW. I uploaded about 8 years ago to them bu have not done so since. Anyhow, I'd appreciate any and all advice on how to just get a complete ADIF file (which I will save on a stick too).

thanks de Kenn W5KAP
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Kenn,

for the LotW you have to renew your certificate. A new certificate is only good for 3 years of use
then it must be renewed. Think you can do this via the TQSL Software.

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.