Connect Two Laptops using Log4om

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
G0JYI
New user

Connect Two Laptops using Log4om

Post by G0JYI »

We run a number of special event stations during the year, usually with two radios and two laptops running their own versions of a logging program.

Im upgrading the Club to using log4om which ive been using myself for a few months, and the question I have is, one of the members heard you could run the two computers from the same database at the same time, so I am assuming we would have to get the two computers networking somehow and then have them pick up from the same database, I have no idea if this is possible and if it is where to start on setting it up.

So my first question has to be is it possible? and if it is where do i find some information on it?

Thinking on further if I setup the database in dropbox, surely two computers saving to the same file will end up overwriting it, will it not?

thanks for any info

Tony
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Connect Two Laptops using Log4om

Post by G4POP »

Tony,

This is fully covered in the user guide so yes a cloud storage like Dropbox Google drive etc

If you think both stations might be writing to the database simultaneously you need to change from an sqlite database to a mySql database, again all covered in the user guide.
73 Terry G4POP