Syncing Log over DropBox

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
M0GWD
Novice Class

Syncing Log over DropBox

Post by M0GWD »

Good morning and happy New Year to all

Please can you assist?
I have used Log4OM for years now and been very pleased with it and still am.
I am now trying to set-up a second radio/PC with the same SQLITE log file and sync them via Dropbox.

I have ...
Upgraded my existing version of Log4OM to the latest version and installed the same version on the second PC.
I have successfully installed the latest version of DropBox on both PCs and the DropBox folder Icon has appeared on both.
I have dragged my SQLITE log file into the DropBox folder on the original PC and it has appeared in the same folder on the second PC.
I realise that I now have to point Log4OM to the SQLITE log file in the dropBox folder and this is where I'm stuck.

If I click on the DropBox Icon on either PC and click Properties, the Target path is as follows ...
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client\Dropbox.exe" /home

However, on opening Log4OM and going to File - Open Database, I can go to ...
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client\ but in the Client Folder there is just a Folder named 87.4.138 which has other Folders including some Driver Folders in it.
I can't seem to get to the Dropbox Folder where I've put my log file?
Both PCs are the same.

I confess I am at a bit of a loss and would appreciate some advice.
Hope that you can help?

Many thanks

Mick M0GWD
Portsmouth
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Syncing Log over DropBox

Post by G4POP »

Have you tried doing a windows search for *.sqlite that should locate the file then the file properties will contain the path
73 Terry G4POP
M0GWD
Novice Class

Post by M0GWD »

Hello Terry, a very good afternoon to you

That worked thanks. I had done a search but forgot the asterisk, so only got my original file.
The relocated version was at C:\Users\Mick\Dropbox\M0GWD Log 01.SQLite

I've done the same on the new PC.
Putting a dummy entry into one log and it now magically appears in the other.

Thanks very much Terry for the very quick reply.
All the best and Happy New Year.

Mick
M0GWD
vk2vrc
Novice Class

Post by vk2vrc »

I have been trying to get this to work on my 2 Pc as well,without success.

Both of my PC have a different path to Dropbox,does this matter ? One uses C:\Users\owner\dropbox\V2.SQLite , And the other C:\Users\user\Dropbox\V2.SQLite ?

Have been pulling what little hair I have left,out of my head trying to get it to work.

Wayne
VK2VRC
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

vk2vrc wrote: 24 Jan 2020, 11:05 I have been trying to get this to work on my 2 Pc as well,without success.

Both of my PC have a different path to Dropbox,does this matter ? One uses C:\Users\owner\dropbox\V2.SQLite , And the other C:\Users\user\Dropbox\V2.SQLite ?

Have been pulling what little hair I have left,out of my head trying to get it to work.

Path does not have to be identical, are both instances of Log4OM set to 'Run ad an administrator' and have you tried with anti virus and firewalls turned off on both PC's?
73 Terry G4POP
vk2vrc
Novice Class

Post by vk2vrc »

I just set both units to run as Administrator and turned off anti virus,and still not working. I can send an ADIF from my desktop to my laptop,if I save the ADIF before I send it.I know it is something that I am doing wrong,but I have no idea what it is.
Wayne
VK2VRC
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

vk2vrc wrote: 24 Jan 2020, 12:26 I just set both units to run as Administrator and turned off anti virus,and still not working. I can send an ADIF from my desktop to my laptop,if I save the ADIF before I send it.I know it is something that I am doing wrong,but I have no idea what it is.
Are you willing to put team viewer on both machines so that I can resolve this for you?
73 Terry G4POP
vk2vrc
Novice Class

Post by vk2vrc »

Hi Terry,I have just loaded Team viewer on both of my PC's.When you are ready ?
Wayne
VK2VRC
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

vk2vrc wrote: 25 Jan 2020, 09:23 Hi Terry,I have just loaded Team viewer on both of my PC's.When you are ready ?
Wayne
Skype me on genes1 at 11.00 am gmt/zulu
73 Terry G4POP
vk2vrc
Novice Class

Post by vk2vrc »

Hi Terry,I just had to dig around and reconnect Skype,I dont have a camera to setup though,but I will call you at 1100utc
Wayne
VK2VRC