TCP Inbound Connection

AE0S
Novice Class

TCP Inbound Connection

Post by AE0S »

In version 1 I had a TCP inbound connection (used for GridTracker submitting QSOs to Log4OM).
How do I set that up with version 2? I only see UDP inbound settings.

Claus (AE0S)

PS: Can the username in this forum be updated? Mine is a bit out of date.
Attachments
TCP Inbound.jpg
TCP Inbound.jpg (63.93 KiB) Viewed 6101 times
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: TCP Inbound Connection

Post by NN7D »

Hi Claus,

I've updated your login to your current call sign.

AFAIK, TCP interface is yet to be added to V2, however I believe it is planned. Daniele can advise more on that.

Doug
W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Will be added soon.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
AE0S
Novice Class

Post by AE0S »

Thanks on both.
HB9GVJ
Novice Class

Post by HB9GVJ »

AE0S wrote: 16 Jan 2020, 04:06 In version 1 I had a TCP inbound connection (used for GridTracker submitting QSOs to Log4OM).
How do I set that up with version 2? I only see UDP inbound settings.

Claus (AE0S)

PS: Can the username in this forum be updated? Mine is a bit out of date.
It works for me. The workflow is wsjtx sending info on the gridtracker port (2237?), gridtracker broadcasting the information further (2238?), in gridtracker loging to log4om on the log4om port (2236?). In log4om I listen to 2 ports, the one broadcasted from gridtracker (2238) with the type related to wsjt messages and the one receiving information from the port where gridtracker sends the adif log (2236), type of port adif.
I am not in front of my pc so the ports might be different but the idea is here.
In wsjtx I did not select the deprecated port at the bottom.
g0ggg
Novice Class

Post by g0ggg »

Should work ok, I can feed Gridtracker with MSHV, WSJTX or JTDX displays hrd #s on map and if log4om logging is enable retransmissions the QSO in case to a remote logger PC.

Good Luck if can be of help please email g0ggg@yahoo.co.uk

Neil
AE0S
Novice Class

Post by AE0S »

HB9GVJ, thanks to you in investigated the UDP settings. I ended up routing through Log4OM so that I don't have to run GridTracker in order to log WSJT-X QSOs.

WSJT-X:

Code: Select all

UDP Server: 127.0.0.1  2237 (all three checkboxes checked)
Secondary UDP Server: 127.0.0.1  2333 (Enabled logged contact ADFI broadcast checked)
GridTracker:

Receive UDP Messages: 2238
Forward UDP Messages: disabled
Logging/ Log4OM: not used
Log4OM V2:

[UDP_INBOUND] [ADIF_MESSAGE] [2333]
[UDP_PROXY] [JT_MESSAGE] [From Any:2237] [To 127.0.0.1:2238]
If someone is wondering what's going on there. WSJT-X sends multiple message types via UDP: The JT_MESSAGES which contain the info of the current QSO and the ADIF_MESSAGE which contains the QSO log information. Log4OM receives both messages and will forward both messages via the UDP_PROXY, but apparently it can only processes one message type per port.

I'm not sure if Secondary UDP Server of WSJT-X sends JT_MESSAGEs. It didn't seem to work for me. So I used the primary port for JT_MESSAGEs and the UDP Server for the ADIF_MESSAGEs.

Remember, that the UDP Server from WSJT-X sends both types of messages and Log4OM forwards both types. This allows GridTracker to receive both type of messages on port 2238.

I really wish one could add multiple message type to the same port for processing in Log4OM. The Secondary UDP Server of WSJT-X really shouldn't be needed.
e.g.: [UDP_PROXY] [JT_MESSAGE] [From Any:2237] [To 127.0.0.1:2238] and [UDP_PROXY] [ADIF_MESSAGE] [From Any:2237] [To 127.0.0.1:2238]
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

multiple message types on a single port is a bit too much :)
we will have issues parsing messages and recognizing them...
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
HB9GVJ
Novice Class

Post by HB9GVJ »

AE0S wrote: 18 Jan 2020, 07:40 HB9GVJ, thanks to you in investigated the UDP settings. I ended up routing through Log4OM so that I don't have to run GridTracker in order to log WSJT-X QSOs.

WSJT-X:

UDP Server: 127.0.0.1  2237 (all three checkboxes checked)
Secondary UDP Server: 127.0.0.1  2333 (Enabled logged contact ADFI broadcast checked)
GridTracker:

Receive UDP Messages: 2238
Forward UDP Messages: disabled
Logging/ Log4OM: not used
Log4OM V2:

[UDP_INBOUND] [ADIF_MESSAGE] [2333]
[UDP_PROXY] [JT_MESSAGE] [From Any:2237] [To 127.0.0.1:2238]
If someone is wondering what's going on there. WSJT-X sends multiple message types via UDP: The JT_MESSAGES which contain the info of the current QSO and the ADIF_MESSAGE which contains the QSO log information. Log4OM receives both messages and will forward both messages via the UDP_PROXY, but apparently it can only processes one message type per port.

I'm not sure if Secondary UDP Server of WSJT-X sends JT_MESSAGEs. It didn't seem to work for me. So I used the primary port for JT_MESSAGEs and the UDP Server for the ADIF_MESSAGEs.

Remember, that the UDP Server from WSJT-X sends both types of messages and Log4OM forwards both types. This allows GridTracker to receive both type of messages on port 2238.

I really wish one could add multiple message type to the same port for processing in Log4OM. The Secondary UDP Server of WSJT-X really shouldn't be needed.
e.g.: [UDP_PROXY] [JT_MESSAGE] [From Any:2237] [To 127.0.0.1:2238] and [UDP_PROXY] [ADIF_MESSAGE] [From Any:2237] [To 127.0.0.1:2238]
It does work like this but I cannot get the automated update in log4om meaning the focus and details on the call sign I am currently working on in WSJTX.
HB9GVJ
Novice Class

Post by HB9GVJ »

I had to switch between 2237 and 2238 ports to make it work as it seems gridtrackerdoes not like to listen to 2238 :D