Callsign look with WSJT-X

vk1hx
Advanced Class

Re: Callsign look with WSJT-X

Post by vk1hx »

G4POP wrote: 18 Jan 2020, 08:18
vk1hx wrote: 18 Jan 2020, 08:08 Yeah I understand. However I'm not sure what other program would be using the 127.0.0.1:2333.

So are you saying just try different port numbers from 2333 for both JT and Log4OM UDP?
Yes choose a number that's not used by your other software and try it, nothing to lose
I've tried several combinations and restarted both WSJT-X and Log4OM V2 each time, still no go... surely this isn't that hard?
I am only using 2 programs (JT and Log4OM) I even took omnirig out of the equation and direct connection to the radio in WSJT-X, still no go.
vk7yum
Advanced Class

Post by vk7yum »

Hi all

I have tried using different udp ports but that still hasn't worked, tried running everything as administrator - that didn't work; tried running individual programs (WSJT-X/Log4OM/Omnirig) as administrator - that didn't work. And before you ask, yes that was with a reboot between each setting "just in case".

In Log4OM, if I click Help -> Realtime Log and (just for fun) enter G4POP into the DX Call field of WSJT-X this is what appears in said log :
log4omv2-rtl.jpg
log4omv2-rtl.jpg (155.8 KiB) Viewed 3993 times
It appears that data is coming through - just its wrong.

Oh and I have also uninstalled WSJT-X and reinstalled it (vers 2.1.2) and just for the fun of it vers 2.1.0 and both seem to be passing the same data ie I get similar messages in the realtime log.

And for a compete bit of fun, I installed WSJT-X (v2.1.2) and Log4OM on my laptop. Quite surprisingly it shows the same symptoms as the main computer.

Its really nice that it works for most people - just has me puzzled why it won't work on mine.

I have logged a support request so will await some feedback from that :)

Thank you for yor time.

Cheers
David
VK7YUM
vk7yum
Advanced Class

Post by vk7yum »

Hi Phil,
Like VK7YUM I have tried everything to get he DX call field from WSJTx making it into Log4OM V2 Callsign field. I can see with David's settings, in the user guide the secondary UDP should be port: 2333 and the UDP Server port: 2237. David's are around the other way.
Not quite sure what you mean Phil - my settings are exactly the same as in the manual ?? :?:

cheers
David
VK7YUM
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

David,

I was caught out with WSJT because at first I had the same as you but suddenly realised that in WSJT the button marked Log does not actually log a QSO it just adds the call to a WSJT list.

The reason this caught me was because I had previously used WSJT live so when 73 was sent a box appears asking to save the QSO, I didn't realise that to actually log a QSO manually was if I recall Ctrl + Q

Is it possible you have fallen into the same trap for logging?
73 Terry G4POP
vk1hx
Advanced Class

Post by vk1hx »

All good David,

My mistake, actually when WSJT-X installs the port settings are reversed. The UDP port is 2237 and the secondary UDP port is defaulted to 2333.

Phil - VK1HX
vk7yum
Advanced Class

Post by vk7yum »

Hi Terry
I was caught out with WSJT because at first I had the same as you but suddenly realised that in WSJT the button marked Log does not actually log a QSO it just adds the call to a WSJT list.

The reason this caught me was because I had previously used WSJT live so when 73 was sent a box appears asking to save the QSO, I didn't realise that to actually log a QSO manually was if I recall Ctrl + Q

Maybe I'm not understanding the whole bit :)

If I put a call in WSJT-X in the DX Call field, click on generate std msgs, is whats supposed to happen that the Callsign field in Log4OM will populate with the call in WSJT-X ???

Logging is not the problem. If I click on log QSO or run through the sequence, exchange sig reports, send 73 then up pops the confirm log window and I confirm, then the qso is logged into Log4OM.

I was under the impression I did not have to log a call for log4om to get the data from wsjt-x.

Or am I way off mark expecting this data to be carried over without logging??

Cheers
David
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

vk7yum wrote: 18 Jan 2020, 12:09 Hi Terry

Maybe I'm not understanding the whole bit :)

If I put a call in WSJT-X in the DX Call field, click on generate std msgs, is whats supposed to happen that the Callsign field in Log4OM will populate with the call in WSJT-X ???
Correct
Logging is not the problem. If I click on log QSO or run through the sequence, exchange sig reports, send 73 then up pops the confirm log window and I confirm, then the qso is logged into Log4OM.

I was under the impression I did not have to log a call for log4om to get the data from wsjt-x.

Or am I way off mark expecting this data to be carried over without logging??
Your assumption is correct I assumed that your issue was logging because you referred to the ADIF message which is for logging a QSO not for call insertion of a call into the Log4OM interface.

The JTAlert message from port 2333 is not an ADIF format so the messages in the real time log are not connected to that.
73 Terry G4POP
vk7yum
Advanced Class

Post by vk7yum »

Hi Terry

<Chunk deleted>
Your assumption is correct I assumed that your issue was logging because you referred to the ADIF message which is for logging a QSO not for call insertion of a call into the Log4OM interface.

The JTAlert message from port 2333 is not an ADIF format so the messages in the real time log are not connected to that.
Ahh so what I am looking at is only confusing me even more :D

so back to the drawing board for me then :? I shall "fiddle" some more ... 20 mins until I turn into a pumpkin :)

Cheers
David
VK7YUM
vk1hx
Advanced Class

Post by vk1hx »

I thought we were trying to get the DX Call info from WSJT-X across to Log4OM in real time for lookup info? As shown in Terry's earlier post. Now the cluster has stopped working... works fine after a fresh install then next reboot nothing...
Attachments
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (153.73 KiB) Viewed 3987 times
vk1hx
Advanced Class

Post by vk1hx »

I give up. Here are my settings which are the same as everyone but for some reason I pick up the WSJT-X mode only.
Attachments
Capture5.JPG
Capture5.JPG (94.13 KiB) Viewed 3983 times
Capture4.JPG
Capture4.JPG (35.01 KiB) Viewed 3983 times
Capture3.JPG
Capture3.JPG (94.75 KiB) Viewed 3983 times