OMnirig not working for me

vk4ma
Novice Class

OMnirig not working for me

Post by vk4ma »

Hello Gurus

I might be the unluckiest Log4Om user ever. A few days ago I decided to move my logging from Dxlab which I have been happy with for many years. Just wanted to try something new.....

Unfortunately I was not aware that version 2 was imminent so the hours I spent configuring version 1 has to be done all over again - - setup of version 1 went smoothly for me but not so version 2.

I cannot get any comms with Omnirig at all despite version 1 working with omnirig all OK on the same PC - ie I still have version 1 operational and working well - PSTRotator also is working fine with omnirig.

Any ideas as to what may be wrong - using Icom 7610 and Icom 7300 - both connecting fine in version 1 but absolutely zilch in version 2. Have followed the manual to the letter.

The only other symptom is that when I press the Omnirig icon top right of screen Omnirig does not appear. When I go into CONNECT/CAT - I cannot stop or start CAT - ie green tick remains. When I first setup I could access the Omnirig interface using the icon top right of screen but now when I press this the Omnirig setup screen does not appear. Tried reinstalling Omnirig, tried rebooting PC........

I installed both versions of Log4Om as administrator and did the same with Omnirig - getting a little depressed with the new log experiment now................

Any help is appreciated

Cheers and Thanks
Paul - vk4ma
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: OMnirig not working for me

Post by G4POP »

vk4ma wrote: 17 Jan 2020, 06:11 Hello Gurus

I might be the unluckiest Log4Om user ever. A few days ago I decided to move my logging from Dxlab which I have been happy with for many years. Just wanted to try something new.....

Unfortunately I was not aware that version 2 was imminent so the hours I spent configuring version 1 has to be done all over again - - setup of version 1 went smoothly for me but not so version 2.

I cannot get any comms with Omnirig at all despite version 1 working with omnirig all OK on the same PC - ie I still have version 1 operational and working well - PSTRotator also is working fine with omnirig.

Any ideas as to what may be wrong - using Icom 7610 and Icom 7300 - both connecting fine in version 1 but absolutely zilch in version 2. Have followed the manual to the letter.

The only other symptom is that when I press the Omnirig icon top right of screen Omnirig does not appear. When I go into CONNECT/CAT - I cannot stop or start CAT - ie green tick remains. When I first setup I could access the Omnirig interface using the icon top right of screen but now when I press this the Omnirig setup screen does not appear. Tried reinstalling Omnirig, tried rebooting PC........

I installed both versions of Log4Om as administrator and did the same with Omnirig - getting a little depressed with the new log experiment now................

Any help is appreciated

Cheers and Thanks
Paul - vk4ma
Did you select Omnirig in the Settings/Program Configuration CAT menu and check the autostart option to the right of selection field?
73 Terry G4POP
vk4ma
Novice Class

Post by vk4ma »

Thanks Terry
Yes this has been done - I have followed the help file V2 on CAT to the letter
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

vk4ma wrote: 17 Jan 2020, 20:38 Thanks Terry
Yes this has been done - I have followed the help file V2 on CAT to the letter
Now working?
73 Terry G4POP
AE0S
Novice Class

Post by AE0S »

Use the Omni-Rig Client to test that Omni-Rig is working properly.
http://dxatlas.com/omnirig/

Things do work with Omni-Rig.
vk4ma
Novice Class

Post by vk4ma »

Omnirig still not working with LOG4OM version 2 - working well with LOG4OM version 1 and two other applications.
I will try the Omnirig tester as suggested and see if it casts any light on the problem.
Meanwhile I will just stick with version 1 which is working well for me

Should I be trying Omnrihg version 2.1 - is that likely to solve my problem - currently using vers 1.19

Cheers and Thanks
Paul
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Paul,

Have you tried running OmniRig with Admin privileges? OmniRig often/usually requires that when 'multi-threading'.

I am using v1.19 and that is working fine.

I believe the v2.1 is built/compiled by someone else.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
vk4ma
Novice Class

Post by vk4ma »

Down loaded the Omnirig client and it would suggest that Omnirig is working OK - refer pic attached

I am running both Log4om v1 and v2 as administrator and Omnirig as administrator as well. As mentioned, Omnirig is working all OK with V1 but not with V2.

Cheers
Paul - vk4ma
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi Paul, please reproduce the issue and send a support request package (from HELP menu) to log4om (at) gmail.com
I need to view your log.

Before doing all your attempts please enable TRACE MODE in HELP menu (from INFO to TRACE).
Things will slow down but i will collect much more information about

Please in the support request add a reference to this thread so we can proceed faster
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
W7MGB
Novice Class

Post by W7MGB »

I had the same problem.

I know you said you are running everything as admin, but I'd suggest that you double check. I thought I was running LOG4OM as admin, but I failed to set that.

I got to this problem the same as you I think. I setup a new computer and transferred everything over. Went from Win 7 to Win 10. The issue went away for me by telling LOG4OM2 to run as adminstrator.

W7MGB