Log4OM2.0 "Recent qso" not working

la7kj
Novice Class

Log4OM2.0 "Recent qso" not working

Post by la7kj »

Just installed the Version 2.0. established a database and imported my log from Version 1. This worked and I can see the right number of qsos in lower left corner, but I can not reach the database by F7 to see the log. I have also entered new qsos and they are registered with an increase in the qso number. question: How can I get acceccto my recent qsos, and also the "qso Archive"?
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Log4OM2.0 "Recent qso" not working

Post by KI5IO »

Rune,

Take a look at this thread. Other OMs in Norway had similar. Relates back to a Microsoft OS issue, but there are solutions is appears.

https://forum.log4om.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=4334
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
la7kj
Novice Class

Post by la7kj »

Tried the ideas found in the other link. "Worked before" from the "View" in headings didnt help. Do you have the callsigns of the other Norwegian hams you referred to having the same problem? I can contact them directly or visit them.
So far I am using v1, but I can foøllow that using wsjt-x the New contacts are received by v2.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Please load version 2.0.1.0 which fixes this
73 Terry G4POP
la7kj
Novice Class

Post by la7kj »

Installed New Version 2.0.1.0 .
Open the database With 2617 qsos (lower left corner). Could not read the database With F7
Imported once more the qso's exported from version1 ( in Version 3 format), which gave a total Count of 5233 qso's (I will remove the duplicates later). I can not reach the database with F7. Tried to search for known qso's. Got up info that it was worked before, but can not read in, -- also going through the "View".
To be sure I have now the database on a "clean" external harddisk and the file is open (preferences)
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

73 Terry G4POP
m0gbk
Novice Class

Post by m0gbk »

I also have a very similar issue that the latest updated version has not resolved.

Everything about this program functions perfectly and certainly is is big step forward compared to Version 1 with the exception of one small issue.

All imported QSO’s from version 1 do not show as ‘worked’ when entered into the call sign field on the main screen nor do they show in the viewed ‘worked’ window. That being said if you open the Logbook via the the QSO drop down menu they show as worked and also show as worked in the contest screen, very strange.

If you enter a new QSO using version 2 is does show as worked when re entered in the call sign field. It is almost as though the the main screen is not accessing the database when the call sign is entered, Rey strange.
la7kj
Novice Class

Post by la7kj »

I erased all items and all configuration elements. Reinstalled the 2010 Version, established a New database, and imported the files again-- AND IT WORKED. Probably the New Version helped me. Thanks
la7kj
Novice Class

Post by la7kj »

Important to have databases in a folder which is not synchronized in any way. Using C:\Temp and subfolder and then my problems disappeared
k5qpo
Novice Class

Post by k5qpo »

My log was written to two or three times before getting back to the same problem. The error code is
ERROR: [DbSqlite][SaveQso] : SQLITE SaveQSO exception while saving QSO with QsoId 20220421190005101
[EXCEPTION] attempt to write a readonly database
attempt to write a readonly database code = ReadOnly (8), message = System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x800017FF): attempt to write a readonly database

When it speaks of a readonly file, how do I recognize one? I opened all of applicable files and did not recognize any as being read only. Does that explain what is happening? Thanks so much for the valuable help! 73