Wrong bandplan

VE1GPY
Novice Class

Wrong bandplan

Post by VE1GPY »

When I move my VFO above 7.2Mhz on 40M, the "Band" field is blanked out and a red alert icon appears. This makes it look like it's using a region 1 bandplan even though I have my IARU Region set to 2. I confirmed this by temporarily editing the <user>/AppData/Roaming/Log4OM2/bandpland/bandplan_r1.xml file - which corrected the "Band" field behaviour.
2020-01-19_13-46-52.png
2020-01-19_13-46-52.png (84.55 KiB) Viewed 3118 times

Any idea why it's using a region 1 bandplan and what I might do to change it?

Thanks and 73,
Sheldon VE1GPY
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Wrong bandplan

Post by G4POP »

Did you click save and apply and did you restart Log4om?
73 Terry G4POP
VE1GPY
Novice Class

Post by VE1GPY »

Thanks, Terry.
Yes to both.
VE1GPY
Novice Class

Post by VE1GPY »

In the <user>/AppData/Roaming/Log4OM2/user/config.json file, I found

Code: Select all

IaruRegion:1
I did a hand-edit to make it 2 and the problem resolved. It looks like the value was not written correctly by the Settings/Program Configuration screen on save and apply.

I confirmed this by using the UI to change the value to 1 and doing a save and apply and a restart of the program. The value in the JSON didn't change. Did it again with a value of 3 with the same result. In both cases, the value in the JSON remained as 2 (from my hand-edit).

Sheldon VE1GPY
VA3AG
Old Man

Post by VA3AG »

VE1GPY wrote: 19 Jan 2020, 18:55 In the <user>/AppData/Roaming/Log4OM2/user/config.json file, I found

I did a hand-edit to make it 2 and the problem resolved. It looks like the value was not written correctly by the Settings/Program Configuration screen on save and apply.

I confirmed this by using the UI to change the value to 1 and doing a save and apply and a restart of the program. The value in the JSON didn't change. Did it again with a value of 3 with the same result. In both cases, the value in the JSON remained as 2 (from my hand-edit).

Sheldon VE1GPY
Glad you resolved the issue. Enjoy!

Aldo VA3AG
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

VE1GPY wrote: 19 Jan 2020, 18:55 In the <user>/AppData/Roaming/Log4OM2/user/config.json file, I found

Sheldon VE1GPY
Hi Sheldon,

I've replicated this behavior. A fix is forthcoming... thanks for reporting!

Doug
W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA