My References Being Deleted

NR3E
Advanced Class

My References Being Deleted

Post by NR3E »

Unless I am not doing something right, I have noticed that My References is being deleted after a QSO edit. I use My References to indicate a SOTA summit when I do an activation. After I save a QSO then maybe see an error that I want to correct, I open the QSO for editing, maybe changing something minor like an RST or a comment. When I save the QSO again, My References is always deleted and shows up blank. I have tried this on several practice records with the same result.

Comments?

Thanks,
Ron, KI4TN
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: My References Being Deleted

Post by KI5IO »

Ron,

When you re-opened the formerly edited and saved QSO did you also click the drop down to again select whatever item you were editing?

Also when you first edited the QSO did you first tic the floppy disc icon to save and then to follow that with a tic on the green checkmark?
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
NR3E
Advanced Class

Post by NR3E »

I thought I did as you suggested but to make sure, I went back and went through the steps exactly as you listed. Same result. My References was deleted and I didn't even go to that part of the screen. I have some practice records loaded in Version 2. For this, I openened a QSO to edit, used the drop-down to change the RST, clicked the Save icon then the green check. When back at the grid, My References was deleted.

Thanks, Ron
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Ron,
Where are you trying to save my references?

Did you read the SOTA part of awards in the user guide?
73 Terry G4POP
NR3E
Advanced Class

Post by NR3E »

Yes, I did read the manual!!! I found the information about My References on page 121. That is where I originally saved it. But, when I edit a previously saved QSO, there is a tab titled My References. I can look at my reference there, but if I make any change to the QSO, such as RST, then save the QSO again, My References is deleted. I did not even attempt to change My References when editing another field in the QSO.

Am I doing something wrong?

Ron
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

KI4TN wrote: 19 Jan 2020, 22:10 Yes, I did read the manual!!! I found the information about My References on page 121. That is where I originally saved it. But, when I edit a previously saved QSO, there is a tab titled My References. I can look at my reference there, but if I make any change to the QSO, such as RST, then save the QSO again, My References is deleted. I did not even attempt to change My References when editing another field in the QSO.

Am I doing something wrong?

Ron
OK Ron I have been able to emulate this is a bug and we will fix it
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Ron,
Problem is fixed and will be in next release in a day or so.

Thanks for spotting that it was a bad issue that we missed in testing
73 Terry G4POP
F4BPO
Old Man

Post by F4BPO »

Hi all,

Om another side not sure it is a bug or wanted.
When i go to award manager / edit an award go to reference tab and edit a reference the reference code is deleted so we have to type it again...
73 de XV9BPO Greg
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

HS0ZLE wrote: 20 Jan 2020, 09:25 Hi all,

Om another side not sure it is a bug or wanted.
When i go to award manager / edit an award go to reference tab and edit a reference the reference code is deleted so we have to type it again...
Greg
Why and how are you editing the award, examples and screen shots please
73 Terry G4POP
F4BPO
Old Man

Post by F4BPO »

Hi Terry,

I actually edited one of the award i created (DPF)

List of awards and the two i created

Then i edit one of them and go to references as you can see AL the first of the list is properly showing the reference code AL before editing

Once edited the reference code disappear, as i wanted to edit all of them afterwards i had to make my change and re-type all the reference codes as they vanished.

73 de XV9BPO Greg