V2 Replaced SQlite file by mistake

ve3nr
Advanced Class

V2 Replaced SQlite file by mistake

Post by ve3nr »

I have Log4OM ver. 1 and 2 installed on my PC. While setting up V.2. I replaced the SQlite file for ver.1 by mistake. My exported ADIF file from ver.1 was saved as ADIF 2x. Later reading the manual, noticing that ver.2 won't accept ADIF 2x files.

I've been trying to import the ADIF 2x file back to LOG4OM ver. 1 but it won't work. Probably because the SQlite files was replaced/modified. How do I fix this, either convert ADIF 2x to 3x file format or repair the LOG4OM ver.1 so I can import my ADIF 2x file?

Bert VE3NR
VA3AG
Old Man

Re: V2 Replaced SQlite file by mistake

Post by VA3AG »

ve3nr wrote: 20 Jan 2020, 00:34 I have Log4OM ver. 1 and 2 installed on my PC. While setting up V.2. I replaced the SQlite file for ver.1 by mistake. My exported ADIF file from ver.1 was saved as ADIF 2x. Later reading the manual, noticing that ver.2 won't accept ADIF 2x files.

I've been trying to import the ADIF 2x file back to LOG4OM ver. 1 but it won't work. Probably because the SQlite files was replaced/modified. How do I fix this, either convert ADIF 2x to 3x file format or repair the LOG4OM ver.1 so I can import my ADIF 2x file?

Bert VE3NR
Hi Bert.....Just export another file from V1 in the format required (ADIF 3) and imported into V2. that should work.

Aldo VA3AG
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

ve3nr wrote: 20 Jan 2020, 00:34 I have Log4OM ver. 1 and 2 installed on my PC. While setting up V.2. I replaced the SQlite file for ver.1 by mistake. My exported ADIF file from ver.1 was saved as ADIF 2x. Later reading the manual, noticing that ver.2 won't accept ADIF 2x files.

Bert VE3NR
Hi Bert,

Since your V1 Sqlite file is toast (as I understnad) I would create a new SQLite database in V1, then import your last good adif backup to V1. If your V2 SQLite db is good, you could also export your V2 log in adif format, then use that to import into V1.

Let us know if that helps.

Doug
W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
ve3nr
Advanced Class

Post by ve3nr »

Hi Doug and all,

Thanks for your replies - it worked. I created a new database in LOG4OM V1 and imported my ADIF 2x file. I then exported the logfile in ADIF 3x and imported the same into LOG4OM v2. It was simpler than I thought! ;-) Thanks again!

Bert VE3NR
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Glad we could help!

Doug
W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA