V2 - no spot in Cluster (F8)

NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: V2 - no spot in Cluster (F8)

Post by NN7D »

N9BBE wrote: 19 Jan 2020, 22:28 Also noticed the 'File/Exit' does not work, nothing happens when clicked. I have to click the red X in the upper right
corner to close the Cluster Management window.

Jeff - N9BBE
Thanks Jeff. I can replicate that. We will get this fixed in next release. Thanks!

Doug
W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
vk1hx
Advanced Class

Post by vk1hx »

This seems to be a hit and miss issue of not showing cluster information on the cluster tab. It connects to a server and show cluster info but does not replicate to the right spots. Very frustrating. No filters selected etc.

EDIT: I've got the cluster working again. I just reinstalled the application over the top again. Something got screwed up somewhere..

Cheers and 73 all.
N9BBE
Advanced Class

Post by N9BBE »

Re-installing did not fix this for me. Still no spots showing on the map or the cluster screens (F8). I am connected to 2 clusters, I see I get logged in and spots get downloaded. I did notice if I open the band map using the icon at the top of the main UI spots show there. Strange....

Any suggestions???? I'm at a lose with this one.

Jeff - N9BBE
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Jeff,

Do you have TeamViewer installed on your shack computer? If you do, let me know and I can assist you remotely.

Doug
W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
N9BBE
Advanced Class

Post by N9BBE »

Doug, if you have time now I'll get teamveiwer installed. Give me a couple minutes.

Jeff - N9BBE
N9BBE
Advanced Class

Post by N9BBE »

Done, sent you a PM.

Jeff - N9BBE
IK0TIX
Advanced Class

Post by IK0TIX »

Jeff to really reinstall everything you must also delete the log4om folder in C:\Users\maxip\AppData\Roaming\Log4OM2 otherwise you will not delete the configuration data
Max IK0TIX
N9BBE
Advanced Class

Post by N9BBE »

Max, thanks for that reminder. After a couple hours with Doug on the phone and temviewer, no joy. Still no spots showing in any of the cluster windows (except for the Cluster Manager where it shows the login info). After I hung with Doug (thanks again Doug for all your time) I was away from the computer for a few hours doing other things. When I came back there was spots populating the cluster windows (F8 tab and the external cluster window). What happened when I was away from the computer I have no idea. Feeling frisky I closed and opened Log4 a few times and all cluster functionality continued to work. Software healing itself.... :twisted:
I'll be running Log4 V2 as much as can over the next week to see if this issue surfaces again.

Jeff - N9BBE
IK0TIX
Advanced Class

Post by IK0TIX »

Jeff, it actually seems like a sporadic problem (it reminds me so much of my RF problems that appear and then disappear on their own).
I'm putting the cluster under stress: column reconfiguration, filter insertion ... etc. I hope to catch the bug again
Max IK0TIX
IK0TIX
Advanced Class

Post by IK0TIX »

it happened again.
After 10 minutes everything went well
Cattura.JPG
Cattura.JPG (140.69 KiB) Viewed 4319 times
Max IK0TIX