Hi Daniele
I installed your new version 2.0 but went into the following issues:

Pos:
a) nice to see the QRZ.COM Picture in the main screen
b) Better Menu for all the settings
c) the whole Software starts quicker than the v1.40

Cons:
a) Logging with JTDX v2.1.0 does not work
b) Logging with WSJT-X v2.1.0 with the second UDP-Port as written on page 134 in your new manual, does not work
c) DX-Cluster view is not that confortable like in the version 1.40 - I have to refresh manually to see the cluster informations the first time
d) In the status bar I can't see if the Comm Services (UDP-Ports) are up-and running
e) not supporting the SQL-DB from version 1.x (JTDX will not support the new DB version)

So I went back to the old version v1.40, where erveything works fine for me :-)

Best 73 de HB9RYZ
Wolfgang
www.hb9ryz.ch
m0pwl
Novice Class

Re: General Feedback

Post by m0pwl »

Well done with V2, I loaded this up on the 16th Jan and very pleased with the outcome. I am glade the programs simplicity is maintained. I have my setup running with WSJT-x and JTAlert (latest version) and all seems to be working although JTAlert displays an error that Log4Om is using the old database location rather than the new one even though I have set the new database correctly. I assume because I am using the option to copy data to V1 JTAlert is scanning the old database so appearing to function ok.
One issue I see is when closing down Log4Om when LOTA upload on close down is set. After asking for the LOTA password the shut down hangs and I have to force shutdown manually. The LOTA data uploads ok. If I shut down but cancel the LOTA upload Log4Om shuts down correctly.

Best regards Mike - M0PWL
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi, let me answer you on cons, that are the most important part of your thread.
hb9ryz wrote: 18 Jan 2020, 06:52 a) Logging with JTDX v2.1.0 does not work
I'm running JTDX without issues. If you have some more details maybe we can find where the error is.
hb9ryz wrote: 18 Jan 2020, 06:52 b) Logging with WSJT-X v2.1.0 with the second UDP-Port as written on page 134 in your new manual, does not work
Again, this is working for several thousands of users. I start believing you have something preventing communication, like a firewall or an antivirus not correctly set. Again, your log could help us finding the issue
hb9ryz wrote: 18 Jan 2020, 06:52 c) DX-Cluster view is not that confortable like in the version 1.40 - I have to refresh manually to see the cluster informations the first time
Nobody else reported that, once again a log of your application can help us.
hb9ryz wrote: 18 Jan 2020, 06:52 d) In the status bar I can't see if the Comm Services (UDP-Ports) are up-and running
Correct. Log4OM can open an unspecified number of ports, inbound and outbound. Putting an array of bullets in the status bar is not possible. You can see running services in the HELP MENU -> "Open diagnostic page". A generic bullet that reports "at least one service is active" would not have sense.
hb9ryz wrote: 18 Jan 2020, 06:52 e) not supporting the SQL-DB from version 1.x (JTDX will not support the new DB version)
You probably mean JTAlert. In that case we can't do anything on that... JTAlert author is working on.
hb9ryz wrote: 18 Jan 2020, 06:52 So I went back to the old version v1.40, where erveything works fine for me :-)
Hope to see you soon here :)
As you can imagine, working without data is hard for us. Please check the application log for issues, if you share them we can help you but "it's not working" is not enough for us to find a solution :)

Best 73 de HB9RYZ
Wolfgang
www.hb9ryz.ch
[/quote]
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

mikemynn wrote: 19 Jan 2020, 07:01 Well done with V2, I loaded this up on the 16th Jan and very pleased with the outcome. I am glade the programs simplicity is maintained. I have my setup running with WSJT-x and JTAlert (latest version) and all seems to be working although JTAlert displays an error that Log4Om is using the old database location rather than the new one even though I have set the new database correctly. I assume because I am using the option to copy data to V1 JTAlert is scanning the old database so appearing to function ok.
One issue I see is when closing down Log4Om when LOTA upload on close down is set. After asking for the LOTA password the shut down hangs and I have to force shutdown manually. The LOTA data uploads ok. If I shut down but cancel the LOTA upload Log4Om shuts down correctly.

Best regards Mike - M0PWL
Hi Mike, i suppose LOTA is LOTW. It seems you don't have filled all required fields in the LOTW configuration. Maybe you're using a sign certificate and you don't have provided the password to Log4OM so (again, i'm supposing) TQSL is asking you for the password.
This slow down everything and may drive to hangups.
As said before, a screenshot or a log could help us
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
hb9ryz
Novice Class

Post by hb9ryz »

Hi Daniele
Now everything is working now :-)
With the new JTAlert 2.15.8.

Thanks a lot :-)
Best 73 de HB9RYZ
Wolfgang
m0pwl
Novice Class

Post by m0pwl »

Having setup Log4Om with JTAlert 2.15.7 I had some success but eventually tried it without running JTAlert. This was reasonable successful but export of qso's did not occur other than to ClubLog. I check all my settings and they were as used in Log4Om V1. I have now loaded JTALert 2.15.8 and my external logs seem to be working but I still have an issue with closing down.
I have LOTW set to upload on close and get the TQSL asking for my password. I enter this and the dialog closes and is replaced by the Log4Om shut down dialog which shows:
Scheduler closed
Saving form status...
Shutting down Log4OM application
This remains on screen indefinitely or until I force a shut down with task manager.
I then get the final LOTW dialog which completes ok.
De 73 M0PWL
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Did you update to the latest version of Log4om release number 2.2.0.0 which was provided during the weekend?
73 Terry G4POP
m0pwl
Novice Class

Post by m0pwl »

Yes I updated yesterday hoping it would cure the shut down issue.
De 73 M0PWL