V2 Station Information

ON7CL
Advanced Class

V2 Station Information

Post by ON7CL »

Hello,

In station information are fields for MY Sig and My Sig Info, what do you have to fill in there ?

The is also my Club, in the drop down box i set MDXC and ad UBA in the next field that stays green. I save the config, next time I go and see this info is gone ?

Info / help welcome.

73 - Rudi - ON7CL
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: V2 Station Information

Post by G4POP »

ON7CL wrote: 19 Jan 2020, 13:51 Hello,

In station information are fields for MY Sig and My Sig Info, what do you have to fill in there ?

Your special Interest group and your membership number or reference e.g. MySig: Radar station activators MySig No, 1066

The is also my Club, in the drop down box i set MDXC and ad UBA in the next field that stays green. I save the config, next time I go and see this info is gone ?

When you select a club name like FISTS you need to enter your membership reference in the other field - Then click the green + (Plus or add sign) and click save and apply - When you return to the config click on the club drop down select the club (In my case FISTS) and you will see your membership number has been retrieved - Simples!

I
73 Terry G4POP
N9FB
Novice Class

Post by N9FB »

Is there a way to have the Log display all the QSO's i have had with members in a given club like SKCC? (ones I have entered into the log by hitting the green + sign). I want to look at those QSO's to see if i qualify for one of that Clubs awards...
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

N9FB wrote: 25 Jan 2020, 04:17 Is there a way to have the Log display all the QSO's i have had with members in a given club like SKCC? (ones I have entered into the log by hitting the green + sign). I want to look at those QSO's to see if i qualify for one of that Clubs awards...
Where did you enter their membership details, what field?
73 Terry G4POP
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

N9FB wrote: 25 Jan 2020, 04:17 Is there a way to have the Log display all the QSO's i have had with members in a given club like SKCC? (ones I have entered into the log by hitting the green + sign). I want to look at those QSO's to see if i qualify for one of that Clubs awards...
Rob,

You can also export an ADIF file of your log and import into an application that the SKCC group makes available. That application will do all the calculations for your for awards you qualify for. Check out the SKCC website for that APP.

Thanks for using Log4OM V2.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
N9FB
Novice Class

Post by N9FB »

G4POP wrote: 25 Jan 2020, 06:22 Where did you enter their membership details, what field?
When logging a contact with an SKCC or OMISS club member, I add their number to my log entry by using the:
> "Extended Info (F5)" tab
> choosing SKCC or OMISS in the "Contact Associations" drop down menu (I added OMISS to a clublist_user.txt file in nthe Config Folder)
> entering their OMISS or SKCC club number in the blank field to the right and then clicking the green "+" sign

notes:
if i look thru "Recent QSO's" and then use "Edit QSO" I do find the club number i have entered under the "His Details" tab, but --
* When i export LOG4OM V2 as an adif and then import it to the other logging program i use, the SKCC club # populates fine but the OMISS club # does not.
* when I try to detach log entries from LOG4OM V2 by clicking the tab "Recent QSOs (F7)" and then the "Detach" button -- it does not show me the SKCC field nor the OMISS field but it does show a plethera of other fields (many of which i do not use)

Is there a way to get the SKCC and OMISS club entries that i enter to collectively populate for me so that i may anaylze and potentially copy & paste them into an Excel spreadsheet to see if I qualify for Awards unique to those particular clubs?

also a minor improvement request: when editing a QSO the "His Details" tab should be changed to something more gender neutral like "Their Details" ;)
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

[/quote]
Is there a way to get the SKCC and OMISS club entries that i enter to collectively populate for me so that i may anaylze and potentially copy & paste them into an Excel spreadsheet to see if I qualify for Awards unique to those particular clubs?
[/quote]

Rob,

I provided you an option in a post above with respect to the SKCC award structure.

I'll repeat: SKCC has provided an application where you can import the ADIF file from Log4OM2 (or any logger) and it will automatically analyze the calls and advise you of all the awards you may qualify for.

As for OMISS I can't say as I'm not a member there nor have I looked at depth into their website to see if they have a similar offering.

Now to Log4OM2 populating the various club memberships. That is a substantial database maintenance and upkeep element for any logging program. We do have this on our 'future' list and will have to see how such could work out and if it does it would be in a future release.

Stay tuned.
Plano, TX
N9FB
Novice Class

Post by N9FB »

KI5IO wrote: 26 Jan 2020, 18:05 Rob,

I provided you an option in a post above with respect to the SKCC award structure.

I'll repeat: SKCC has provided an application where you can import the ADIF file from Log4OM2 (or any logger) and it will automatically analyze the calls and advise you of all the awards you may qualify for.
Nolan,

Thanks for suggesting the powerful SKCCLogger tool, I just used that tool and it is awesome. But what I am trying to learn is if LOG4OM V2 has a way for me to query my whole log and let me know which stations I have worked that have SKCC or OMISS #'s that I typed in when I logged them(?) (The AC Log program which I have been using has some funtionality there so when deciding whether to switch over completely I am trying to learn what I can and cant do with LOG4OM V2)

KI5IO wrote: 26 Jan 2020, 18:05 As for OMISS I can't say as I'm not a member there nor have I looked at depth into their website to see if they have a similar offering.

Now to Log4OM2 populating the various club memberships. That is a substantial database maintenance and upkeep element for any logging program. We do have this on our 'future' list and will have to see how such could work out and if it does it would be in a future release.

Stay tuned.
Thanks although that would involve a lot more than i am requesting here. I am simply asking for it to populate the all of the entries associated with any given Club which I *manually* entered when I logged those contacts. I could get what I needed if the "Recent QSOs" > Detach function gave me an "SKCC" and (in my case custom) "OMISS" column containing the club data that I manually entered when logging those respective contacts (i would then copy/paste them into Excel for my inspection).

or if it had a functionality to export the whole log as an Excel/csv format that included my SKCC or OMISS manual entry data for respective QSO's that would be golden too
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Rob,

Like you I have to manually enter any contacts I have with SKCC into the drop-down that has the SKCC tag and then the respective SKCC number.

As I've mentioned we have this and other such items on our 'future' list, but managing the databases to keep them up-to-date and accurate is a chore. We with Log4OM2 don't own those databases and have to obtain them from the respective organizations and such is not always cut and dried.

Look on Page 34 of the Users Guide about exporting selected QSOs and you can export to: Excel, CSV, HTML or ADIF formats.

As I've mentioned several times we do not have the databases available to import the SKCC or OMISS membership information when you log the QSO with the OM that has memberships in those organizations.

It may be available in the future. As I've mentioned a time or two: Stay Tuned for many future enhancements.
Plano, TX
N9FB
Novice Class

Post by N9FB »

Again, I am not requesting that the databases of clubs be accessible via LOG4OM V2 -- I merely want to be able to either:

1. query LOG4OM V2 so that it will list the QSOs I have entered for which I MANUALLY entered a club member's number and see the number that I entered
or
2. be able to print out a list of QSO data that includes any member numbers I manually entered alomng with things like callsigns, states, names, etc.
or
3. be able to export a file in Excel or csv format that includes a column that lists the club member numbers I have manually entered

(none of those 3 options requires LOG4OM V2 to access any Club's data files or lists; only to populate the club information I manually enter for a given QSO)

maybe i just dont know how to use a feature already enabled -- but right now the only way I know to find such information is to manually right click on a QSO I entered, choose "Edit QSO", and then look in the field presently titled "His Details" and using the drop down menu for "Clubs and Associations" to get the data to show. And the kicker is I have to do this individually for each station I have worked & logged. I want to see the numbers I entered collectively not individually so I can analyze them for potential club awards (many of which are to some extent date based).